Afrikaans Cinnamon Sugar Pancakes Recipe.
You can cook Afrikaans Cinnamon Sugar Pancakes using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that. The Best Afrikaans Cinnamon Sugar Pancakes Recipe – Recipe: Yummy Afrikaans Cinnamon Sugar Pancakes
Ingredients of Afrikaans Cinnamon Sugar Pancakes Recipe
- It’s of Dough.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1 dash of salt.
- It’s 2 cup of self raising flour.
- You need 1 cup of canola oil.
- You need 3 cup of water.
- It’s of topping.
- Prepare 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of Baking.
- You need 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of big pot.
- You need 1 of crepes pan.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of plate.
- You need 2 of mixing bowls.
Afrikaans Cinnamon Sugar Pancakes instructions
- Mix water, oil and eggs in a bowl.
- Add flour and salt to egg mixture and use elecrtic wisk to mix everything together..
- Batter should be nice and runny. (No lumps) if the batter is too thick add extra water..
- Mix all the sugar with all the cinnamon in the second bowl (topping).
- Put 1 cup of water in pot and place on stovetop on lowest heat setting – put a plate on top of pot.
- Preheat crepes pan on stovetop at highest heat setting – pan needs to be oiled with canola oil (if the pan is not hot enough, the pancakes will be very oily).
- put about half a cup of pancake batter in crepes pan and spread over the whole pan (the thinner the batter, the better).
- You will know when to flip the pancake when little holes start appearing in the batter, the edges of the pancake start lifting from the pan and little water droplets start forming on the surface of the batter – flip pancake and count to 10.
- Remove pancake from pan and place in plate (the one on the pot).
- Put a tablespoon of butter in the middle of the finished pancake (only on every second pancake) and sprinkle a layer of cinnamon sugar over the whole pancake (all the pancakes).
- Stack all the finished pancakes on top of each other.
- Take a fork and gently roll up each pancake, placing them in serving plates. And voilá!.
- Can also serve with whipped cream or ice cream with a dash of lemon juice.