Ricotta pancakes Recipe. Most ricotta pancake recipes have you separate the eggs and whip the whites, folding them into the batter at the end. The ricotta keeps the finished pancakes really moist. Compared to traditional buttermilk pancakes, they're fluffier in texture.
A time-tested favorite ricotta pancake recipe, this is a little tangy and very satisfying; perfect with fresh blueberries or strawberries. Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are light and fluffy and full of lemon flavor. Ricotta adds a light and fluffy texture to the pancakes. You can have Ricotta pancakes using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that. The Best Ricotta pancakes Recipe – How to Make Appetizing Ricotta pancakes
Ingredients of Ricotta pancakes Recipe
- You need 250 Grams of Ricotta cheese.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Milk.
- You need 2 of Eggs (separated).
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 2/3 Cup of Plain Flour.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Oil.
- You need of salt.
The lemon juice and lemon zest give a lovely, but subtle lemon flavor. These easy ricotta pancakes are super rich, moist and incredibly delicious. Pairs perfectly with maple syrup and fresh berries. If you've never added ricotta to your baked goods, you are missing out!
Ricotta pancakes step by step
- Put the ricotta, milk and egg yolks into a bowl and mix well to combine. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt and gently whisk to make a smooth batter. Beat the egg whites until they become foamy and then fold them into the ricotta mixture..
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and drop in heaped dessertspoons of batter..
- Cook the pancakes for about 1 minute until golden and then flip them over and cook for another minute..
- Keep the cooked pancakes warm, by tenting with foil on a large warmed plate, while you work your way through the batter, and then serve with syrup and strawberries..
If you're in a bit of a time crunch, these lemon-ricotta pancakes are remarkably light and delicious on their own. This recipe would also be fantastic with raspberries or other berries! Add the pancake mix and stir just until moistened but still lumpy. Stir in the ricotta into the pancake mixture, then stir gently to incorporate. Sweet Cream Ricotta Pancakes are a game changer.