Chilli chicken Recipe. Chilli chicken is a sweet, spicy & slightly sour crispy appetizer made with chicken, bell peppers, garlic, chilli sauce & soya sauce. This crisp fried saucy chilli chicken recipe is hands down the best that. Chilli Chicken Recipe is an Indo-Chinese recipe, popularly served as a starter dish at Chinese restaurants.
In the same pan, add the garlic, red chilli, soy. Get yourself through the week with Ina Garten's Chicken Chili recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network; it's low in calories but high in Ina makes a traditional chili with chicken instead of beef. You will find this popular dry chilli chicken dish in both Hakka Chinese restaurants and Indian restaurants, so does this make it a Hakka dish or an Indian Chinese dish? You can cook Chilli chicken using 24 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that. The Best Chilli chicken Recipe – Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Chilli chicken
Ingredients of Chilli chicken Recipe
- You need 1 of . Boneless chicken – 250gm.
- You need 2 of . Big onion – 1 minced.
- You need 3 of . Big onion – 1 cubed.
- Prepare 4 of . Ginger – 1 tbspn.
- Prepare 5 of . Garlic – 1 and half tbspn.
- It’s 6 of . Green chilli – 3 or 4 chopped.
- You need 7 of . Capsicum – 1/4 of 1 medium.
- You need 8 of . Oil for frying.
- Prepare 9 of . Sesame oil – 1 tspn.
- It’s 10 of . Pepper powder – 1/4 tspn.
- You need 11 of . Soya sauce – 2 and half tbspn.
- You need 12 of . Tomato ketchup – 1 and half tbspn.
- You need 13 of . Vinegar – 1/2 tspn.
- It’s 14 of . Sugar – 1/2 tspn.
- Prepare 15 of . Salt.
- Prepare 16 of . Red chilli paste – 1 tspn.
- It’s of for marination.
- It’s 1 of . All purpose flour – 1 tbspn.
- Prepare 2 of . Cornflour – 2 tbspn.
- Prepare 3 of . Soya sauce – 2 tbspn.
- Prepare 4 of . Pepper powder – 1 tbspn.
- You need 5 of . Vinegar – 1/2 tspn.
- You need 6 of . Egg – 1.
- It’s 7 of . Salt.
Was chilli chicken the first thing that you used to order in a restaurant during your school/college days? During my school years, fried rice & chilli chicken was the most happening couple. Chilli chicken is an indo chinese version of making chicken which has become quite popular in India. It has been posted along with a video procedure.
Chilli chicken step by step
- Wash the chicken thoroughly with salt and vinegar..
- Cut them into small cubes..
- Again wash them and drain them for 10 minutes..
- Take a bowl and add all purpose flour, corn flour, soya sauce, pepper powder, vinegar, egg and salt..
- Mix well and add very little amount of water..
- Marinate the chicken pieces with this paste and keep aside for at least 30 minutes..
- Then shallow fry the chicken pieces for about 5 minutes on low flame..
- Drain the fried chicken pieces in kitchen tissue and keep aside..
- Now heat 1 tbspn of oil, use the same oil we used for frying the chicken..
- To this add minced ginger and garlic. Saute for a seconds on high flame. Be very careful while sauting them. There is a chance of getting burn. So stir continuously..
- To this add minced onion, Green chilli. Saute until they become light golden in colour.Reduce the heat.
- To this add soya sauce, Red chilli paste, tomato ketchup, salt, vinegar and sugar. Mix well..
- If you want your chicken to be saucy then add some hot water and boil well. If you want the chicken to be very dry, then no need of adding water..
- Check the sauce and adjust the sauce according to your taste buds..
- Then add fried chicken, cubed onion and capsicum..
- Mix well and cook until the chicken is well coated with sauce. Finally sprinkle pepper powder and sesame oil. Add chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot..
It is basically found on streets of India in every fast. Chilli chicken is perhaps the most popular Indo-Chinese dish found both in restaurants and street side stalls. The gravy chilli chicken is more popular as a side to either chowmein or with fried rice. Chilli Chicken Recipe is a popular Chicken Starter or Appetizer from the Indo-chinese cuisine. Chilli Chicken tastes hot, sweet and sour, because of Soy Sauce, Chilli Sauce and Vinegar.