Smokey Vegetarian Chilli Recipe.
You can have Smokey Vegetarian Chilli using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Smokey Vegetarian Chilli Recipe – How to Cook Appetizing Smokey Vegetarian Chilli
Ingredients of Smokey Vegetarian Chilli Recipe
- Prepare 3 of sweet potatoes, diced (skin on).
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s of –.
- You need of Chilli.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 of large garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 of green pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 of large green chilli, sliced.
- You need 800 g of tinned tomatoes.
- Prepare 400 g of tinned green lentils.
- You need 400 g of tinned black eyed beans.
- Prepare of Coriander to garnish.
Smokey Vegetarian Chilli instructions
- Preheat the oven to 190°C..
- In a mixing bowl, combine the diced sweet potatoes, chilli powder and olive oil and mix with your hands to coat the potato cubes. Bake the potatoes in the oven for 30 minutes, shaking the tray occasionally..
- While the potatoes are cooking, gently sweat the onion and garlic in the olive oil, in a large soup pan. After 5 minutes, add the spices and herbs into the pan and mix well with the onions. Allow the spices to cook out for another couple of minutes, stirring regularly..
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the pan. Stir well then simmer gently, covered, for 25-30 minutes..
- Serve the chilli topped with the roasted sweet potatoes and fresh coriander..