Smoky Lentil Chili Recipe. A hearty one pot Smoky Lentil Chili recipe perfect for those cold winter nights! This Lentil Chili has a rich smoky flavor, packed with vegetables, high in protein and fiber and is absolutely comfort in a bowl! Here's a perfect easy dish for your next Meatless Monday: Smoky Lentil Chili.
Add lentils, turkey broth, and water. Add spices and Chipotle peppers (if using) and bring to a gentle simmer. Healthy and hearty, this simple lentil chili, filled with smoky, spicy, delicious flavor, is made even easier thanks to the Instant Pot! You can cook Smoky Lentil Chili using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Smoky Lentil Chili Recipe – Easiest Way to Make Tasty Smoky Lentil Chili
Ingredients of Smoky Lentil Chili Recipe
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of red onion, diced.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 1/2 tablespoons of diced chipotle chilis in adobe sauce.
- Prepare 1.5 of lbs. ground beef.
- It’s 1 of red pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of green pepper, diced.
- It’s 2 of carrots, diced.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of ground cumin.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of chili powder.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need 28 oz. of can Muir Glen fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- Prepare of juice of 3 limes (about ½ cup).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of lentils, rinsed.
- You need 14 oz. of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 14 oz. of can kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 14 oz. of can corn kernels (no salt), drained and rinsed.
- You need of Optional: garnish with plain greek yogurt, chives, sliced avocado.
And because I love ya, I've included stovetop and slow cooker. Use this easy and comforting recipe for the last of the chilly nights in early spring. It gets better as it sits, and is perfect for re-heating at lunch or for weeknights. Hearty, filling and perfect for a cold day, this plant-based Smoky Lentil and Quinoa Chili comes Just like any chili, it freezes well and takes little effort in the kitchen.
Smoky Lentil Chili instructions
- Bring a large Dutch Oven to medium high heat. Add in olive oil and red onions. Saute until onions are translucent, stirring occasionally. About 2-3 minutes..
- Add in the garlic and chipotle chilis. Stir and saute for 2 minutes..
- Next add in the ground beef, cook until the beef is cooked through and no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes..
- Chopping up the beef to smaller pieces throughout the cooking process..
- Next add in the red pepper, green pepper, carrots, ground cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, oregano, cinnamon, and tomato paste..
- Stir and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Then add in your diced tomatoes, water, and lime juice. Stir, cover, and bring to a boil..
- Once boiling, add in the lentils, black beans, kidney beans, and corn. Stir, reduce to simmer. Cover the chili and simmer for 10-15 minutes..
Lentils are a great source of. Dried brown lentils are nutrient-packed, inexpensive, and quick-cooking, making this low-fuss stew perfect for a hearty weeknight dinner. A wealth of aromatics joins forces with smoked spices and. Smokey Lentil Chili recipe: This was an experiment gone wonderful! Savory, high in fiber, high in protien, low in fat.