Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot Recipe.
You can cook Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that. The Best Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot Recipe – Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot
Ingredients of Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot Recipe
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground turkey.
- You need 2 small of green bell pepper (or one large I only had small ones out of the garden).
- Prepare 2 can of petite diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of black beans.
- You need 1 can of Chilli beans.
- It’s 1 can of kidney beans.
- It’s 2 can of Tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chilli powder (I used extra spicy from a local organic bulk spice store).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of granulated garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare of salt for peppers.
- You need of seasoning salt for the meat.
- Prepare 3 tsp of olive oil.
Simple Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot instructions
- Chop and sauté peppers in a pan in olive oil with the salt to help the peppers start to sweat and soften.
- Add ground turkey and seasoning salt. fry until meat is done.
- While the meat if frying rinse all the beans really good(yes even the chilli beans. The sauce they put in the cans usually is horrible) and toss them in a crock pot with the drained tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add in Oregano, garlic, chili powder, and cumin and mix it all up.
- When the meat is browned toss the meat and pepper mix in the pot (if you're using ground beef drain the fat if using turkey dump it all in because the meat is lean and any juice you have in the pan will be from the peppers sweating).
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or if you make it in the morning and plan on eating for dinner set it on low 6-8 hours and your done.