Easy Chilli Con Carne Recipe.
You can cook Easy Chilli Con Carne using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that. The Best Easy Chilli Con Carne Recipe – Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Easy Chilli Con Carne
Ingredients of Easy Chilli Con Carne Recipe
- Prepare 500 grams of Extra lean beef mince.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 1 of Red pepper.
- You need 1 can of Chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of Baked beans in tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 can of Butter beans in tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of Fresh marjoram chopped finely.
- You need 1 tsp of (Heaped)chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 stick of Beef stock.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Crushed fresh garlic.
- It’s of A dash of cooking oil..
- You need 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 of Black pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of Tomato purée/paste.
Easy Chilli Con Carne step by step
- Peel and chop onion. Cut pepper in half. Dispose of the pips and chop the pepper into medium sized pieces. Chop your marjoram if you have fresh, if not a teaspoon of dried will do. Heat the oil in large heavy bottomed pan and add onion. Fry, stirring often until glassy – minute or two. Add the garlic, red pepper, paprika, chilli and cumin. Cook for a few minutes. Watch to see it doesn't dry out. If necessary add a spot of hot water from kettle. In a cup dissolve the stock in 200 ml boiling water. Add the meat to the pan. It should sizzle as it goes in. This will seal in the flavour instead of letting it stew. Stir well with spatula to crumble up the mince and to ensure its browned evenly. Now add in the stock, can tomatoes and marjoram as well as tomato purée. Turn heat down and simmer for 20 minutes with lid on. Check frequently to make sure it's not cooking dry. Add both cans of beans and simmer for further 10 minutes with the lid off. If needed add a spot of water. Should be a rich.
- If you can't find butter beans in tomato sauce use the ones in brine. Just be sure to drain then.