Scotch Pancakes with Warm Maple Syrup Recipe.
You can have Scotch Pancakes with Warm Maple Syrup using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that. The Best Scotch Pancakes with Warm Maple Syrup Recipe – Easiest Way to Make Delicious Scotch Pancakes with Warm Maple Syrup
Ingredients of Scotch Pancakes with Warm Maple Syrup Recipe
- Prepare 225 g of self raising flower.
- Prepare 40 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 250 ml of milk.
- Prepare 40 g of butter.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need of Additional butter for cooking.
Scotch Pancakes with Warm Maple Syrup step by step
- Weigh flour and sugar into a bowl, then stir gently with a balloon whisk (breaking up any lumps in the flour).
- Melt the butter (a few seconds in the microwave is easiest).
- Make a hole in the centre of the flour, then pour in the milk and the butter..
- Whisk until smooth, then break in the egg, whisking again..
- Leave mix to stand for a few minutes (or can be kept in the fridge overnight).
- Heat a heavy based pan and melt a little butter to prevent pancakes sticking. Pour in a little mix to make fist sized circles, making just a few at a time..
- When bubbles start to appear on the top of the pancakes they are ready to turn over (about 2 mins). Flip and cook the second side for a further minute or so..
- Serve immediately with a bowl of maple syrup warmed for a few seconds in the microwave. For a bit of extra indulgence, add a touch more butter to the maple syrup when warming! Spoon the syrup generously over the pancakes..