Apple Cinnamon Braid Recipe. In a large bowl, stir together chopped apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Bread dough braided with a cinnamon apple filling and topped with a vanilla glaze. Cinnamon Apple Braid is so delicious.
I see you and I raise you a breakfast braid recipe. I thought about cinnamon rolls, but then I thought of something I've wanted to do for a long time: make a braided bread. A little more brainstorming led me to the apple cinnamon idea. You can have Apple Cinnamon Braid using 19 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Apple Cinnamon Braid Recipe – Recipe: Yummy Apple Cinnamon Braid
Ingredients of Apple Cinnamon Braid Recipe
- It’s of Apple Filling.
- Prepare 4 medium of Honey Crisp Apple's.
- It’s 4 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s of Dough Braid.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of active dry yeast.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- It’s 4 of drops red food coloring.
- It’s 2 1/4 tsp of vegetable oil.
- You need of Glaze.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of ground nuts (optional).
This bread dough is super easy to work with and very versatile. Don't let the "braided" idea scare you; it's really very simple but gives the idea that. To make the filling using cornstarch: Toss the grated apple with the lemon juice in a saucepan. Whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and add to the pan, stirring to combine.
Apple Cinnamon Braid instructions
- You will need:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel the apple's, cut in half and de-seed. Then cut into small pieces..
- In a medium bowl, toss the apple's with the cinnamon, sugar, and lemon juice until well coated..
- Put in a baking dish and bake for 18 minutes. Once done, remove from oven and set aside..
- While the filling is baking- start the Dough Braid. In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt..
- In another bowl, mix together the food coloring and water, then add the oil. The food coloring is optional. **Note** to make this festive for autumn for Halloween or Autumn mix food coloring to make the dough orange!.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes..
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with a non stick spray..
- Lightly flour your surface and knead the dough to get a smoother texture..
- On the baking sheet, or on a well floured surface roll the dough out length wise into a long rectangle. I recommend doing this on the baking sheet because transferring of the braid will be pretty complicated..
- Down the length of the dough, cut one inch strips on both sides, leaving a gap of at least 3 inches in the middle un-cut..
- Spread your filling down the center evenly..
- Starting at the top, alternately crisscross the cut peices over top of the filling, pinching at the sides to secure it..
- Transfer the braid (if needed) to your baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes..
- While this is baking make the Glaze. Sift together the powdered sugar and nutmeg. Then add in the milk and teaspoon of vanilla extract and stir well..
- Crush the nuts using a mortar and pestle.
- Remove the braid from the oven once the time is up and brush the glaze on. Then sprinkle with the nuts..
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes..
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes..
- Serve and enjoy! Vanilla Bean ice cream goes great with this..
Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until the apple starts to release its juice. Increase the heat to medium, and bring to a simmer. Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Braid Recipe Heather Tullos Apple Danish Braid – the Best Apple Braid Recipe! Fresh apples, cinnamon, cream cheese and a refrigerated crescent sheet come together to make the easiest apple braid that your entire family will love.