Cranberry apple relish Recipe. This tangy cranberry-apple relish is a perfect make-ahead holiday side; you can store it in the refrigerator for up to three days before serving. Let cool to room temperature before serving. I whipped up this cranberry-apple relish as a quick alternative to the holiday mainstay by pulsing fresh cranberries, apple, sugar, and orange juice and zest together in a food processor.
At our house, it's a holiday menu mainstay since it's so pleasant with poultry and pork. —Edith McFarland, Willits, California No, no. Please, for all that is good and right, let this little fresh cranberry apple relish number hang out in the refrigerator for a while. Of course, I didn't observe this rule. You can cook Cranberry apple relish using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Cranberry apple relish Recipe – Recipe: Delicious Cranberry apple relish
Ingredients of Cranberry apple relish Recipe
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Honey.
- You need 1 tbsp of Grated orange rind.
- It’s 1 of medium Orange, peeled and chopped (1/2 c).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground cloves.
- It’s 2 of small Tart, crisp apples – Peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes (1 2/3 c).
- Prepare 1 packages of Cranberries (12oz).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped pecans or walnuts.
I actually dug right in after making it. Put cranberries and apple in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped and spoon into a medium bowl. Luckily, Cranberry Sauce is probably the easiest course on your Thanksgiving menu already. Chopping up an apple or two and stirring in some cinnamon is all it takes, and it doesn't take long.
Cranberry apple relish step by step
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, sugar, vinegar, honey, orange rind, orange, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves to a boil, stirring, over high heat..
- Lower the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved..
- Add the apples, return the liquid to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes more.
- Add the cranberries and cook at a low boil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, another 10 to 15 minutes or until thick..
- Stir in the raisins and nuts; transfer to a medium sized bowl to cool..
- Cover and chill..
With just that extra minute or two, you'll have elevated your Homemade Cranberry Sauce without ruffling feathers or being a pretentious food snob. Holiday Cranberry-Apple Relish A cooked relish that is a great with meals all winter long. It's as delicious as it is pretty! Make enough to give as holiday gifts. O's cranberry relish is a favorite received from a friend at work..