Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken) Recipe. The dakgangjeong recipe uses bite sized boneless chicken pieces, so it cooks up very fast for a quick snack! The easiest Korean fried chicken recipe you can make! Dakgangjeong (닭강정) is a deep-fried crispy chicken dish glazed in a sticky, sweet, and spicy sauce.
The chicken, once fried, is mixed directly with the sauce, caramelized. Make the chicken: Mix the chicken pieces, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Transfer to a large zipper-lock bag, add the potato starch, close the bag, and mix well by flipping. You can have Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken) using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that. The Best Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken) Recipe – Recipe: Perfect Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken)
Ingredients of Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken) Recipe
- It’s 500 gr of boneless chicken meat.
- Prepare 125 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s to taste of white pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of minced ginger.
- You need 50 gr of potato starch or cornstarch.
- It’s 500 ml of vegetable oil for frying.
- It’s of For the sauce:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of mirin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Gochujang (Korean red chili pepper).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of honey.
- You need 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- You need to taste of white pepper powder.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of toasted sesame.
Sweet and crispy fried chicken Dakgangjeong 닭강정 Dakgangjung is a very popular traditional Korean dish and is usually made with chunks of chicken from a whole chicken. Dakgangjeong is deep fried chicken covered with sweet and spicy sauce. Here you can taste the crispy chicken and sweet yet spicy flavor of the gochujang which is a Korean red chili pepper paste. Dakgangjeong consists of Korean two words, Dak and Gangjeong.
Dakgangjeong (Sweet Crispy Chicken) step by step
- In a bowl, soak chicken in milk. Cover it with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Drain thoroughly..
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Season with salt, white pepper powder, garlic, and ginger. Let it stand for 20-30 minutes..
- In a pan, mix together all the sauce ingredients. Bring it boil. When it starts to bubble, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until it thickens slightly, for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat..
- Coat the chicken evenly with potato starch or cornstarch. Shake the excess flour off. Heat the vegetable oil until it starts smoking (more or less 350 F). Divide the chicken in 2 batches. Drop the chicken pieces in one at a time. Fry until light golden brown for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Set them on a wire rack or a paper-towel lined plate. Do the same thing with the 2nd batch..
- Reheat the vegetable oil (350 F). Deep fry the chicken pieces for the 2nd time for 30-40 seconds. You can do this in 1 batch..
- Heat the sauce over medium low heat. Add the chicken and stir well until they’re evenly coated. Garnish with toasted sesame..
- Enjoy! 😊.
Dak means chicken and Gangjeong means sweet brittle like peanut brittle. Dakgangjeong should be crispy, crunchy, sweet and spicy. You can buy chicken with bones or boneless chicken for Dakgangjeong, but, boneless chicken Dakgangjeong is much more common. It is a popular Korean street. Here it is – our own Dakgangjeong Fried Chicken Recipe!