Apple Crisp Recipe. Apple crisp is the carefree, easy-breezy cousin of apple pie. There's no dough to chill or roll out, but the end result is just the same—a warm and fruity fall dessert that puts a smile on everyone's face. The sweet-and-crunchy apple crisp topping makes it one of the most popular desserts ever, especially when apples are in season.
You can pop this in the oven while you eat dinner, and by the time you finish dinner and clear the dishes, it's ready. This recipe is nearly the exact recipe I've been using for years, so I had to add my review to the pile. This is the easiest of the apple desserts. You can have Apple Crisp using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Apple Crisp Recipe – Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Apple Crisp
Ingredients of Apple Crisp Recipe
- You need 10 of Apples (from reduced section) cubed.
- Prepare 1 of tbs. Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of cup Brown sugar (packed)..
- It’s 1 of cup regular Oats.
- Prepare 1/2 of cup Flour.
- It’s 1/2 of tsp. Salt.
- It’s 1/2 of tsp. Cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 of tsp. nutmeg (optional).
- Prepare 1 of stick Butter (room temp.).
Just bake sliced tart apples topped with a streusel oat topping, with plenty of brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Place apples in a large bowl. Place skillet on a large rimmed baking dish. This Easy Apple Crisp Recipe is a classic old fashioned dessert that makes you feel all warm and cozy!
Apple Crisp step by step
- Mix lemon juice in bowl of water. Add apple chunks as you peel and chop. Drain. Place in 9" square pan..
- Add rest of ingredients in separate bowl and use pastry cutter to mix into crumbles..
- Sprinkle topping on apples..
- Bake 375° about 40 mins..
- Serve at room temp..
Made with fresh sliced apples coated in a cinnamon-brown sugar, then topped with cinnamon oat topping. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and homemade salted caramel sauce! Cut butter into flour, using a pastry blender or two knives, until mixture is the texture of coarse meal. This will give the sauce a chance to thicken a little more as it cools. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce , if desired.