Protein packed apple crisp Recipe. Place the apple slices in the ramekins and then evenly divide the streusel topping over top. High Protein Apple Crisp This time of year is when you get to enjoy your favorite comfort foods like chili, stews, soups and apple crisp. This recipe is packed full of protein and is so easy to make and versatile you can have it for breakfast, dessert or as a pre-workout snack.
Today I had a surplus of calories in my budget. I wanted to try an apple crisp with the cereal bar and it turned out absolutely yummy. This recipe utilizes Kodiak power cake mix and halo top ice cream High Protein Apple Crisp. You can have Protein packed apple crisp using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Protein packed apple crisp Recipe – Recipe: Yummy Protein packed apple crisp
Ingredients of Protein packed apple crisp Recipe
- You need 1/2 of Granny Smith apple peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of halo top vanilla bean ice cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Kodiak power cake mix.
- It’s 1 of Quest beyond cinnamon bun cereal bar.
Tips: Don't have Unsweetened Apple Sauce? The flavor of the apples really comes through in this lighter, almost-healthy version of apple crisp that's packed with protein as a bonus. My kids are nut-phobic so I typically choose to omit the nuts although I LOVE them myself. I've started serving this apple crisp with black walnut ice cream on the side to compensate!
Protein packed apple crisp instructions
- Combine melted halo top with power cake mix.
- It should be a stick solid dough.
- Spread out in a 6 inch cast iron skillet that has been sprayed.
- Place chopped apples over dough.
- Crumble up cereal bar and place over apples.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Here is the finished product.
- MFP information for tracking.
- I had some extra calories saved up so a scoop of Halo Top ice cream is a great addition 👍.
The secret to your crisp topping success in a slow cooker is paper towels. By draping a sheet of paper towels over the top of the slow cooker before placing the lid on, steam is absorbed and condensation is prevented from dripping onto the crisp topping. The result is an apple crisp topping that isn't soggy, but lightly browned and crunchy. Protein-packed apple cinnamon Chobani® Greek Yogurt with a crispy, crunchy sidecar of walnuts, spiced pie crust pieces, and frosted cinnamon crunch. There's no dough to chill or roll out, but the end result is just the same—a warm and fruity fall dessert that puts a smile on everyone's face.