Mom's Apple Crisp Recipe. Mom's Apple Crisp Mom found this recipe in a bridal book years ago, and it soon became a family favorite. With tender juicy apples and a hint of cinnamon, it is yummy served plain or with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream. Mom's Apple Crisp is a tradition that just goes hand-in-hand with our family's fall apple picking.
Because not only is Mom's Apple Crisp super tasty, it's also super easy to make, too. Truly, if you can chop apples, measure dry ingredients, and turn on an oven — you. And my favorite go-to easy dessert recipe is My Mom's Apple Crisp. You can cook Mom's Apple Crisp using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Mom's Apple Crisp Recipe – Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Mom's Apple Crisp
Ingredients of Mom's Apple Crisp Recipe
- You need 5 small of apples.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of softened butter or margarine.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of quick, rolled oats.
Mom's Brown Sugar Apple Crisp has a tart, cinnamon spiced apple filling with a crispy, crunchy brown sugar oat topping! Serve warm with ice cream for an easy, comforting dessert! There were two desserts that my mom made all the time for as long as I can remember. My favorite was this Brown Sugar Apple Crisp.
Mom's Apple Crisp step by step
- Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 1/4 inch slices.
- Toss apple slices in lemon juice and spread evenly in bottom of a greased 9 inch pie plate..
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a medium mixing bowl add flour, brown sugar, rolled oats and cut butter/ margarine in with pastry cutter until topping resembles a course crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle apples with white sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread topping mixture evenly over apples and bake for 35- 45 min. or until topping is golden brown ..
- Let cool for 15 min and serve with ice cream or table cream..
This Easy Apple Crisp recipe is the perfect way to enjoy a bounty of fresh fruit! Sweet and tart warmly spiced apples are topped with a buttery, crunchy oat streusel for a classic dessert that everyone loves. Bake the crisp in a skillet or in a dish, and serve warm with vanilla ice cream on top! Try your hand at our recipe for Just-Like-Mom's Apple Crisp. This is quite possibly the most fragrantly cinnamon-y apple crisp in the world!