Apple Crisp Recipe. Apple crisp is the carefree, easy-breezy cousin of apple pie. There's no dough to chill or roll out, but the end result is just the same—a warm and fruity fall dessert that puts a smile on everyone's face. The sweet-and-crunchy apple crisp topping makes it one of the most popular desserts ever, especially when apples are in season.
This is the easiest of the apple desserts. Just bake sliced tart apples topped with a streusel oat topping, with plenty of brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Place apples in a large bowl. You can cook Apple Crisp using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Apple Crisp Recipe – Recipe: Delicious Apple Crisp
Ingredients of Apple Crisp Recipe
- You need 2 of apples, peeled and sliced 1/2 in thick(may also substitute with peaches,cherries or rhubarb, ).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 2 large of mixing bowls.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of butter cut 1/2in cubes and keep cold till time to use.
- It’s 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 12 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 6 tbsp of "Quick" Oatmeal.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
This will give the sauce a chance to thicken a little more as it cools. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce , if desired. Place skillet on a large rimmed baking dish. Cut butter into flour, using a pastry blender or two knives, until mixture is the texture of coarse meal.
Apple Crisp step by step
- with one of the mixing bowls put the first four ingredients in and toss gently once they are mixed pour mixture into med,large ceramic or glass bakeware let set while u make topping.
- with 2nd mixing bowl rub cold butter,both sugars,cinnamon,flour,& oatmeal together until crumbly (its really easy if you do this with your hands).
- sprinkle evenly over apples and bake at 350° for 15-20 min till top is golden and apples are tender.
This Easy Apple Crisp Recipe is a classic old fashioned dessert that makes you feel all warm and cozy! Made with fresh sliced apples coated in a cinnamon-brown sugar, then topped with cinnamon oat topping. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and homemade salted caramel sauce! Finally, apple crisp like MY grandma made! No oatmeal, nuts, or fancy things.just simple pantry staples and fresh, homemade taste. 🙂 This is wonderful, easy, and quickly made.