Tadka Dal Cheela / Crepes / Pancakes Recipe.
You can cook Tadka Dal Cheela / Crepes / Pancakes using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that. The Best Tadka Dal Cheela / Crepes / Pancakes Recipe – Recipe: Appetizing Tadka Dal Cheela / Crepes / Pancakes
Ingredients of Tadka Dal Cheela / Crepes / Pancakes Recipe
- You need 2 tbsp. of chana dal (Bengal gram).
- It’s 2 tbsp. of masoor dal (red lentils).
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of moong dal (split green gram).
- You need 2 tbsp. of urad dal (split black gram).
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of tuvar dal (Pigeon pea lentil).
- It’s 1 tsp. of ghee + 1 tsp. oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- It’s pinch of asafoetida.
- You need 1 of " ginger, grated.
- You need 2 of green chilies, chopped.
- It’s handful of coriander leaves, finely chopped.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of red chili flakes (opt).
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of coriander powder.
- Prepare of oil to shallow fry.
Tadka Dal Cheela / Crepes / Pancakes step by step
- Soak the dals in sufficient water overnight. Grind with required quantity of water till smooth. Heat ghee and oil in a pan and temper with cumin seeds and asafoetida. Saute for a few seconds. Add the ginger and green chilies. Fry for a minute and switch off the flame. Pour this tempering over the ground dal batter. Add rest of the dry spices (except oil) and coriander leaves. Mix well..
- Adjust water accordingly. The batter should be of of pouring consistency. Keep aside for 15-20 minutes..
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on a hot tawa and spread into a circle with the back of the ladle. Drizzle some oil around the edges and over the cheela..
- Cook on one side for 2 minutes or till done before flipping it over to be cooked the other side. Transfer to a serving plate..
- Relish with any with any side dish, chutney, yoghurt or pickles..