Vegan Meatloaf – wip Recipe.
You can have Vegan Meatloaf – wip using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that. The Best Vegan Meatloaf – wip Recipe – Recipe: Tasty Vegan Meatloaf – wip
Ingredients of Vegan Meatloaf – wip Recipe
- You need of Salt & crushed black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of walnuts (minced).
- You need 1/4 cup of cashews (minced).
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of brown or red onion.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh flat-leaf parsley (chopped finely).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of mixed vegan meat (soy free).
- It’s 2 cups of dried mushrooms (soaked, strained & chopped).
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh mushrooms (chopped finely).
- You need 1 cup of vegan cheese.
- Prepare of Sherry or red wine vinegar.
Vegan Meatloaf – wip step by step
- Soak the dried mushrooms in room temp water for 30mins before you strain, dry & chop it up.
- Soak the chopped mushrooms in a touch of sherry or red wine vinegar and veggie stock and set aside..
- Prep a baking tray with butter and baking/parchment paper or line with foil.
- Lightly sauté your finely minced onion and garlic together and then set it aside for a few minutes to cool a little..
- Pop the vegan meat into a large bowl along with salt, pepper, saughtéed minced onion and garlic, soaked mushrooms and your chopped parsley..
- Using your hands (the absolute best kitchen tool you have!), carefully and gently mix the ingredients together just until they are blended and come together. Just remember not to over mix!.
- Now, skip the loaf pan, it's truly better without it! This way, the meatloaf isn't steamed but rather gets a delicious outer crust..
- Turn your mixture out onto your prepared tray and shape, by hand, into a loaf shape..
- You can decide how you want to cover the top; brush the outside with some tomato sauce, sprinkle with some additional dried herbs (ie basil, rosemary, oregano) and/or grated vegan cheese. I topped it with vegan bacon strips..
- Bake at 160°C (320°F) for about 55mins – 1 hour..
- Allow the meatloaf to rest for about 10-15mins, very loosely tented with foil before slicing and serving..
- Serve with a side of any veggies/salads you like. I served mine with lightly fried green beans, chilli jam & butter sauce..