Savoury Zucchini Bread Recipe. In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and garlic powder. Tips to make this Savory Zucchini Bread! Do not skip the step where you squeeze a bit of the moisture out of the grated zucchini, or you could end up with mushy bread.
This nice and easy, satisfying loaf of savory zucchini bread with cheddar, parmesan, shallots, and herbs works equally well for brunch, after-school snacks, or baaaasically any time. This Savory Zucchini Bread recipe combines zucchinis, tomatoes, and lots of delicious flavors in tasty savory bread. Savory Quick Bread recipes are easy to make and a perfect summer bread for your favorite vegan dishes. You can cook Savoury Zucchini Bread using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that. The Best Savoury Zucchini Bread Recipe – Recipe: Yummy Savoury Zucchini Bread
Ingredients of Savoury Zucchini Bread Recipe
- You need 1 +1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of oats flour.
- It’s 1 +1/4 cup of grated zucchini.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chia seeds soaked in 1/2 cup water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of almond milk/ dairy milk.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of castor sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Italian herbs or pizza seasoning.
- Prepare 3/4 tbsp of chilli flakes.
See tips for making this into a savory cheesy zucchini bread. This savory zucchini bread is grain and gluten-free, paleo, AIP and keto-friendly! To hide or not to hide? I am a big fan of hiding veggies as it is a palatable way to increase nutrient-density.
Savoury Zucchini Bread instructions
- In a mixing bowl combine whole wheat flour, oats flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon zest, Italian herbs and chilli flakes. Now in another bowl mix rest of the ingredients (except zucchini) and mix well..
- Then combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula. Now fold in grated zucchini. Transfer the batter to the lined baking mould and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the crust becomes nice and golden brown. Take it out and let it cool. Slice it and enjoy..
What about hiding zucchini in a loaf of bread? I often cook with this vegetable as it can be turned into all sorts of things like. Dust with flour to coat evenly. The fresh zucchini creates a hidden flavor that makes this bread sweet and savory. Add in a hint of cinnamon and vanilla for extra flavoring.