Vegetarian Black Bean Chili Recipe.
You can cook Vegetarian Black Bean Chili using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Vegetarian Black Bean Chili Recipe – Recipe: Yummy Vegetarian Black Bean Chili
Ingredients of Vegetarian Black Bean Chili Recipe
- You need 16 oz of dried black beans, rinsed and soaked.
- You need 14.5 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 2 c of vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 of large onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of green pepper, minced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3-4 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Vegetarian Black Bean Chili step by step
- Simmer the beans in 6 cups of water for one and a half to two hours with the lid tilted..
- During last 30 minutes, saute the onion, pepper and garlic. Then stir in the salt, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, tomatoes and broth..
- Simmer the tomato mix for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked black beans, and simmer uncovered about 20 minutes, or until the desired thickness is reached..
- Serve with sour cream, fresh onions, shredded cheese, or whatever you want..