Not So Basic Meatloaf Recipe. Meatloaf is an old-school recipe that everyone should know how to make. It might not be the sexiest piece of food, but damn is it delish. Meatloaf tends to look done on the outside before it's actually ready.
These meatloaf recipes show the incredible versatility of the dish—from meatloaf wrapped in bacon or covered with gravy to versions with black beans, Cajun The insert has holes which let the fat drip into the bottom of the outer pan, leaving the loaf high and dry. Follow along for the instructions for a basic. A meatloaf made with Mesa de Vida is succulent, healthy, easy…and will knock your socks off! You can cook Not So Basic Meatloaf using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Not So Basic Meatloaf Recipe – Recipe: Tasty Not So Basic Meatloaf
Ingredients of Not So Basic Meatloaf Recipe
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of egg lightly beaten.
- Prepare 10 3/4 oz of can of diced tomatoes and green chilies with juice (like Rotel).
- You need 1 cup of frozen chopped bell peppers and onions (thawed and drained).
- You need 1/2 cup of quick-cooking oats.
- Prepare 6 slice of bacon.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of prepared mustard.
The directions for this healthy meatloaf recipe are as simple as pour, mix, shape and bake. This classic meatloaf recipe will be a family favorite for years to come. Mix ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and a few more ingredients to create a tasty blend for your meatloaf. It's a delicious basic meatloaf recipe – nice and moist and plenty flavorful.
Not So Basic Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Mix mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar in a small bowl and set aside..
- Mix the remaining ingredients well..
- Place meat mixture in baking dish and shape into a loaf..
- Lay bacon slices all over the meatloaf in a single layer..
- Take the ketchup mixture and spread all over the bacon wrapped meatloaf..
- Bake for 1 hour or until juices run clear..
The key here is including vegetables, either minced with a food processor or Shape that into a loaf shape. Occasionally I wrap the loaf with bacon so that's what I'm doing this time. By using the broiler pan, most of the fat will drip. While meatloaf purists focus on the meat, we like to look at meatloaf as a way to pack extra Super easy & satisfying This meatloaf is so satisfying!! I loved it & my husband did too.