Chicken and Dumplings Casserole Recipe. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Chicken Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. Find Deals on Campbells Chicken Dumpling Soup in Groceries on Amazon. In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add chopped onion and celery.
Drop by tablespoonfuls into mounds over chicken mixture. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. You can cook Chicken and Dumplings Casserole using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Chicken and Dumplings Casserole Recipe – Recipe: Delicious Chicken and Dumplings Casserole
Ingredients of Chicken and Dumplings Casserole Recipe
- It’s 1 of Nonstick cooking spray.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1 cup of carrot and celery sticks, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- You need 2 tsp of bottled garlic blend (Gourmet Garden).
- You need 1 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- It’s 2 can of 12 oz cans chicken gravy.
- You need 1 of rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed, meat cut into bite sizes.
- You need 2 1/4 cup of frozen petite peas.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 cup of baking mix (Bisquick).
- You need 2/3 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley.
Distribute chicken and veggies evenly across the bottom of the dish. Serve this easy casserole with cornbread or yeast rolls and a salad for a full meal the whole family will love. The great thing about this recipe is there are no dumplings to make. This Chicken and Dumplings Casserole comes together quickly and easily and delivers so much rich, comforting casserole goodness you won't believe it's light!
Chicken and Dumplings Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside..
- In large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Cook and stir chopped carrot and celery, onions, garlic, and poultry seasoning until tender. Stir in gravy. Bring to a boil. Stir in chicken and peas; season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to prepared baking dish and set aside..
- For dumplings, in a medium bowl, stir together baking mix, buttermilk, and parsley until moistened. Drop by tablespoons onto casserole..
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Cover with foil and bake about 10 minutes more or until dumplings are cooked through. Serve hot..
Add flour and ¼ cup broth. Stir until thickens and then slowly add the rest. Chicken and Dumpling Casserole from Deep South Dish blog. The original version of easy layered chicken and dumpling casserole, made with self rising flour, cream soup, chicken broth and butter, is reminiscent of the flavor of the real deal, but in an easy casserole form. The secret is layering and not stirring the ingredients together.