Twisted Orange Chicken Recipe. Used the leftover filling & jalapeños to make poppers with. 🙂 Sarah. Twisted Orange Chicken from Twisted Noodles Chapel Hill. Serving the best Thai Food & Sushi Restaurant in Chapel Hill, NC. – Lightly battered fried chicken breast with dried whole chili peppers and crushed peppers in a tasty orange sauce, served on a bed of broccoli.
Try Freezing The Sauce For Later. This crispy orange chicken sauce is pretty quick to whip up and keep on hand for busy nights. My Chinese Orange Chicken is sticky, sweet and tangy. You can have Twisted Orange Chicken using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that. The Best Twisted Orange Chicken Recipe – Easiest Way to Make Yummy Twisted Orange Chicken
Ingredients of Twisted Orange Chicken Recipe
- Prepare of Batter.
- Prepare 2 lb of chicken.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 can of beer.
- Prepare 1 cup of bisquick.
- You need 1/2 cup of corn starch.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of tart appricot jelly.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 cup of orange juice(reserve 1/4 c.).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn starch.
I'm going to show you how to get succulent crispy chicken pieces and plenty of that delicious orange sauce. No need to go out and get that takeaway – the kids are going to be waiting at the table, forks ready to devour the lot! Lightly battered fried chicken breast with dried whole chili peppers and crushed peppers in a tasty orange sauce, served on a bed of broccoli. Lightly battered fried chicken breast in a sweet & sour sauce, served with broccoli.
Twisted Orange Chicken instructions
- heat fryer or pot of oil till medium bubble..
- cut the chicken into 1" pieces.
- add garlic, salt, and pepper to chicken pieces mix well..
- combine bisquick,corn starch, and beer just till batter is thick enough to coat a chicken piece..
- coat and drop into oil small amounts at a time.brown lightly and transfer to a paper towel. put aside and get sauce ready.Keep oil going but turn down.
- in sauce pan add all but 1/4 c.Oj and corn starch to the pot heat to bubbling. mix corn starch and remaining Oj together and add to sauce stir till thick and bubbling..
- remove sauce from heat turn up oil then add chicken pieces back to oil and fry to a deep golden brown drain well and add to bowl. poor sauce evenly over chicken and gently mix till well coated and serve..
Add more oil while cooking, if needed. In a pan, heat oil on medium-high heat. All in all, fantastic variance on the Orange Chicken recipe. I've made it twice already and followed suggestions from others like using less cornstarch and subbing pineapple juice for some of the water, also added a little sriracha for a kick and it turned out very flavorful. This Chinese Orange Chicken is made with boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces, dredged, and then fried until golden and crispy.