Kalah's Sloppy Joe Pie Recipe. All the great taste of classic sloppy joes in an easy one-skillet pot pie. No one will miss the buns! In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
We're sloppy joe-ing this recipe and using my tangy and sweet homemade sloppy joe sauce for this. Let's start by whipping up that sauce. Put the meat mixture in the bottom of a greased (I used ICBINB) glass pie plate; mix in about half the cheese. You can cook Kalah's Sloppy Joe Pie using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that. The Best Kalah's Sloppy Joe Pie Recipe – How to Cook Yummy Kalah's Sloppy Joe Pie
Ingredients of Kalah's Sloppy Joe Pie Recipe
- You need 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- It’s 1 large of Onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of Granulated Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s 1 can of Sloppy Joe Sauce.
- It’s 2 cup of Original Bisquick Mix.
- It’s 1 cup of Milk.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
Spread remaining cheese over the top. Beat the eggs in a small bowl and whisk in the mayo, cream. Pour custard mixture evenly over the cheese. Sloppy joe sandwiches were often served on the lunch menu at school.
Kalah's Sloppy Joe Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add ground beef, onions, and seasonings to a pan; cook until browned..
- Drain beef mixture; return to pan and add the sloppy Joe sauce..
- Mix together the Bisquick mix, milk, and eggs..
- Transfer the beef mixture to a casserole dish; cover the mixture with the Bisquick..
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top..
There was something about piling the messy meat sauce on a burger roll and having the bread get soggy with the sauce. I was a bit lazy and didn't want to make a separate bread to serve the meat on so I came up with this recipe for a sloppy joe pie casserole. A more wholesome version of the ever-popular sloppy joe using ground turkey instead of ground beef. You'll get sweetness from the apples, a subtle hint of anise from the tarragon, and a burst of aromatic flavor from the cloves. Be adventuresome, step outside the box, and give it a try!