Chicken Comfort Casserole Recipe. Go quick and easy with our best chicken casserole recipes. The Chicken: Pick up a rotisserie chicken at your grocery store for the three recipes that call for shredded, cooked chicken. Chicken Gloria or Chicken a la Gloria is a comforting chicken and mushroom casserole.
This comfort classic recipe is the perfect dish for dinner during the week. This comforting chicken casserole needs to be in your winter dinner rotation. Casseroles are comfort food at its best. You can cook Chicken Comfort Casserole using 22 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Chicken Comfort Casserole Recipe – How to Cook Yummy Chicken Comfort Casserole
Ingredients of Chicken Comfort Casserole Recipe
- You need of Goods.
- You need 1 each of green pepper, diced.
- It’s 2 1/2 of fresh garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 6 of chicken thighs.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 4 large of carrots, sliced.
- You need 4 of celery stalks, sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon and pepper seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of mashed potato instant flakes.
- It’s of Topping.
- It’s 3 cup of Bisquick.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oregano.
Not only are they easy to prepare, but they deliver Plus, freezer-friendly casserole recipes like chicken-and-wild rice casserole or homestyle ground beef. Chicken casserole, with its hearty helpings of protein and rich mix of vegetables, is a dinnertime classic. We've collected our favorite healthy chicken casserole recipes — including creamy. A comfort food casserole recipe with Pepperidge Farm stuffing, sour cream and chicken.
Chicken Comfort Casserole instructions
- What you'll need: (most of it).
- In a small pan, sauté the green pepper and garlic cloves with 2 tbsp olive oil..
- In a large pot bring 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt, and enough water to cover the 6 chicken thighs or breasts to a boil..
- In a medium pot bring chicken stock, carrots, celery, salt and pepper, lemon and pepper seasoning, butter, and sautéed green pepper and onion to a boil..
- Once the water for the chicken thighs or breasts is boiling, add the chicken..
- Turn down the chicken broth pot to a simmer and remove the chicken, and chicken broth from heat after 15 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain the water from the chicken, let cool a little, and shred the chicken off the bone..
- Once the chicken is shredded, add the cream of mushroom, cream of chicken soup, and mashed potato flakes to the chicken broth mixture..
- Heat this on low heat for 2 minutes stirring constantly..
- Now remove from heat, add chicken, and mix well..
- Mix the Bisquick, milk, and oregano until a soft dough forms..
- Spray a casserole dish with a non stick spray..
- Take the chicken mixture and tightly pack in the casserole dish.
- Drop spoonfuls of bisquick mix on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove and cover with tin foil.
- Bake for about 10 more minutes until the Bisquick droppings are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!.
What could be better than a comforting plate of chicken casserole as autumn leaves begin to fall in their hundreds and aromatic wood smoke spirals around brick. The ultimate comfort foods, chicken casseroles and potpies make satisfying and hearty dinners that are both big on flavor and low on time requirements. When you think of COMFORT FOOD what do you think of? LOVE this easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe! It's made with the best homemade enchilada sauce, and layered with corn tortillas, cheese, beans, and your favorite fillings.