Chicken Pot Pie Recipe. This homemade chicken pot pie recipe streamlines your work by using frozen peas and carrots and Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts. Swap out chicken for turkey or try a different frozen veggie combo. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and Sometimes people think of chicken pot pie as boring freezer food, but when it's done right, made.
Here's a from-scratch Chicken Pot Pie adapted from Marshall Field's classic recipe. One of our most popular and top-rated recipes of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a. How to make chicken pot pie. You can have Chicken Pot Pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Chicken Pot Pie Recipe – Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Chicken Pot Pie
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- You need 4 of boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cooked and shredded.
- Prepare 2 C. of frozen mixed vegetables, thawed.
- You need 1 3/4 C. of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 C. of flour.
- You need 1/3 C. of butter.
- Prepare 1/3 C. of chopped onion.
- You need 1 C. of milk, divided.
- Prepare 1 C. of Bisquick.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of black pepper.
To begin, dust a clean, dry work surface with flour and place the puff pastry over top. A pot pie is a type of pie with a top pie crust, and a bottom pie crust, consisting of flaky pastry. The term is used in North America. Pot pies may be made with a variety of fillings including poultry, beef, seafood, or plant-based fillings, and may also differ in the types of crust.
Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat until bubbly, add chopped onion and cook for 3-4 min or until onion is fragrant and soft..
- Add to the skillet flour, salt and pepper. Stir in chicken broth and 1/2 C. milk slowly and continue stirring until sauce has thickened..
- Bring chicken and vegetables to skillet and mix well..
- In a small bowl combine bisquick, remaining milk and egg..
- Pour filling into baking dish and pour Bisquick batter over top and spread to even out. Pop it in the oven for 30 min. Enjoy!.
Chicken pot pie is just so good. Sautéed shallots and thyme, a splash of white wine, creamy chicken, peas, and carrots all baked under a homemade biscuit topping. It's rich with lots of layers of flavor, but. Chicken Pot Pie is a comfort food favorite! Mix and match whatever vegetables you'd like in this recipe to create your own custom pot pie recipe that your family will love.