Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf Recipe. While bacon-wrapped meatloaf is pretty amazing on its own, don't stop there! Check out these other meatloaf recipes for easy and delicious meal planning. Lining the baking sheet with foil makes clean.
This Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is inspired by Nigella Lawson's classic meatloaf recipe. I add buttery, caramelized onions to my meat mixture and wrap the. This easy Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf recipe will become a family favorite for sure! You can have Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf Recipe – Recipe: Perfect Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf
Ingredients of Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf Recipe
- You need of meatloaf.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef (85% preferred).
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dry thyme.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 6 of slices of bacon.
- It’s of glaze topping.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of mustard.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
Meatloaf is back and better than ever, full of flavor, some hidden veggies, and wrapped with delicious thick cut bacon! Barbeque sauce-infused meatloaf is wrapped with bacon strips for a flavorful and rich twist on the traditional meatloaf. This Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf recipe is easy enough to cook up for weeknight dinners, but also impressive enough for a dinner party! This Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is pure comfort food!
Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf instructions
- Preheat oven on 350°F.
- Saute onions in butter until soft..
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl..
- Add dry spices, ketchup, onions and cheese. Mix..
- Crumble ground beef in bowl. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Mix GENTLY to incorporate all ingredients. (mixing aggressively or squeezing and squishing will give you an end result of tough meat.) The mixture will feel fairly wet but should still hold together. Only add more bread crumbs if it doesn't hold..
- Put mixture in a baking dish. Form into a loaf. (Your dish should be larger than you loaf so it isn't drowning in grease).
- Lay slices of bacon across top of loaf until it is completely covered..
- Bake at 350°F for 45 min. If your bacon is not fully crisp at this point then turn oven to broil for a few minutes until crispy..
- While your loaf is cooking mix all glaze ingredients in small bowl..
- Slather the glaze on top of crispy bacon and cook at 350° for about 5-10 minutes until hot..
- You can sprinkle a little cheese on top for garnish..
- Transfer loaf to cutting board removing any fat that has accumulated on bottom of loaf. Slice and enjoy..
This classic dinner recipe gets upgraded with yummy flavors and a bacon wrapping – the best way to serve this traditional family meal! It's wrapped in bacon and covered in a tangy-sweet sauce. Next, drape slices of bacon over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf and overlapping pieces as you go along. This Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe is a must for the bacon-lovers in your life. Using pre-cooked bacon strips results in less grease and a prettier presentation.