Moon Dal Pancakes Recipe. The next morning, drain the water away, grind the moong and spices you soaked with it, in a food processor to get a fine paste. Add water only as required to get the consistency of pancake batter – thick but 'pour-able'. Add the grated ginger, chopped coriander and salt to taste and mix well.
Take a bowl and add moong dal, peas. Now add onion, ginger, coriander leaves, salt and green chili in it.. Drain excess water out of it completely and grind them with ¼ cup water to make a smooth batter. You can have Moon Dal Pancakes using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Moon Dal Pancakes Recipe – Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Moon Dal Pancakes
Ingredients of Moon Dal Pancakes Recipe
- It’s 2 cups of yellow lentils (moong dal).
- It’s 2 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger.
- It’s 2 to 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 tbsp of curry leaves.
- It’s 3 of green chilies.
- You need 2 cups of butter milk.
- It’s pinch of ajwain.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need as needed of oil for frying.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander leaves.
- It’s pinch of asafoetida.
Take it out in a bowl and add other ingredients. Indian cuisine comprises of a number of regional cuisines.. Moong dal chilla is delicious and healthy vegan breakfast pancake. Just like pancakes, chilla recipe usually has a flour batter, the most common being with gram flour (besan chilla recipe).
Moon Dal Pancakes step by step
- Wash the yellow lentils thoroughly and soak them over night or for at least 4 hours. Drain the water, to this add onion,curry leaves,add ginger, garlic, fresh coriander, green chilli,asafoetida, ajwain, salt to taste and grind using butter milk to smooth paste..
- Make a batter with medium consistency like pancake batters. Pour this batter into a bowl mix well and leave it for 10 min. for fermentation. After 10 min.Heat a dosa pan,grease with oil and pour ladle full of batter in the center and spread it with the help of back of a ladle in a circular motion to make a 6 inch round..
- Cover and cook on low flame for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the cover and flip it and fry it till done. Serve hot moong dal pancakes with any type of chutney or sauces..
I sometimes make a multigrain chilla recipe with a mix of different flours and vegetables and also with millet flours for a gluten-free pancake. but I recently tried them with lentils and they come out super. If you want healthy quick and protein power packed breakfast, then these Moong Dal Pancakes added with veggies are for you. Simple and easy to make, they are delicious too! TIP: For jhatpat cooking, use Moong Dal flour. Otherwise, just soak the Moong Dal and grind it. (This recipe is a part of Zayka Ka Tadka Contest sponsored by Ciba Tazaa Spices) Moong Dal Cheela is very tasty and high on proteins as well.