Sweet and savoury malai pancakes Recipe. You know what's in store, and you know it's gonna be delicious. Savory Pancakes with Fried Egg and Spinach. Drizzle these with maple syrup for the perfect savory-sweet combo.
From Korean green onion pajeon to mini "blini" pancakes, these flapjacks are hearty enough for dinner — no syrup necessary. Not quite convinced by sweet pancakes or want to mix it up? Try out some savoury fillings and don't be afraid to experiment. You can cook Sweet and savoury malai pancakes using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that. The Best Sweet and savoury malai pancakes Recipe – How to Make Perfect Sweet and savoury malai pancakes
Ingredients of Sweet and savoury malai pancakes Recipe
- It’s 1 cup of rawa.
- Prepare 1 cup of curd.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh malai.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Prepare Pinch of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped green leaves coriander, curry leaves or spinac.
- You need 4 of roundels from tomato or red bell pepper.
- Prepare as needed of Ghee for frying.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of milk for batter.
- It’s as needed of Honey / Sweet syrup / chutney of choice.
These pancakes are soft and stretchy (thanks to the glutinous rice flour). Traditionally, these Chinese sweet potato pancakes are made slightly sweet, but I modified it to make it savory and to add chopped scallions. They are perfect for snacks, appetizers, or brunch. The pancake is a blank slate for creativity — a stackable canvas open to adaptation.
Sweet and savoury malai pancakes step by step
- Soak rawa in curd and mix malai, salt and sugar. Leave for few minutes..
- Now add chopped green leaves and baking soda and mix well. Add little milk if batter is thick..
- On a nonstick pan prepare small pancakes by pouring a ladle ful of batter. Apply ghee and cook. In the centre place s roundel of red bell pepper or tomato a the press with spatula. Now flip And cook from other side..
- Serve hot with mint coriander chutney as a snack. Or with maple syrup or honey as a sweet. Choice is yours..
- Enjoy yummy yummy pancakes. Kids are going to love it..
And whether you decide to give your flapjacks some heat, a hint of lavender, or a layer of scallions, your pancakes will reflect your artistic mood. Sweets or savoury Asian food that I like to make. Apple Pie Baked Goods Pancakes Sweets Baking Desserts Food Sweet Pastries Bread Making. How to make savoury pancakes at home. Our first savoury pancake recipe makes a tasty supper and is ready in less than half an hour.