Turkey Pot Pie Recipe. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Embrace The Cheesiness Of Velveeta Recipes! Surprisingly, the humble pot pie has a colorful history dating all the way back to the Roman Empire when it was a common dish served at royal banquets.
Add the milk, and heat through. Stir the turkey mixture into the vegetable mixture, and cook until thickened. Melt butter in saucepan and cook chopped onion until tender. You can have Turkey Pot Pie using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that. The Best Turkey Pot Pie Recipe – How to Make Delicious Turkey Pot Pie
Ingredients of Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- You need 2 1/2-3 Cups of diced cooked turkey or chicken.
- You need 1 cup of sliced or shredded carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of broccoli florets.
- It’s 1 can (10.75 oz) of Cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 cup of 2% Milk.
- You need 1 of garlic clove or 1/8 tsp garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried thyme leaves.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s of Biscuit topping – use Bisquick recipe on box using 1 1/4 cup.
Turkey pot pie can be frozen either before or after baking. Prepare as directed and cool completely. Cover tightly in plastic wrap and then in foil. In a Dutch oven, saute potatoes, carrots, onion and celery in butter and oil until tender.
Turkey Pot Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. For turkey and vegetable filling, cut turkey into 1/2inch cubes. Cut carrots into 1/4inch slices. Chop onion. In microwave safe dish combine carrots, onion, and broccoli. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain..
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine soup, broth, milk, garlic pressed, thyme and black pepper; whisk until blended. Stir in turkey and vegetable mixture; mix well. Pour into a casserole dish..
- For biscuit topping, in a medium bowl make the biscuit mix as directed with using the 1 1/4 cups of biscuit mixture. Stir dry ingredients until they are moistened and mixture forms a soft dough. Drop 6 scoops of dough over filling. Bake uncovered 30 – 35 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. While this turkey pot pie may look fancy, it's actually seriously easy to make with fresh, seasonal ingredients and a homemade crust. This turkey pot pie is made with a combination of frozen and fresh vegetables. Tips Easy Substitution: Substitute Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken with Herbs Soup for the Cream of Chicken. Recipe: Easy Freeze Turkey Pot Pie.