Prawns pickle Recipe. Chemmeen Achar made with prawns, ginger, garlic, spices and vinegar. She used to bring big bottles of Prawn Pickle every time she came to hostel after vacation. Prawn Pickle is a very popular recipe.
This pickled prawns is easy to prepare and can be stored for longer time. This delicious Indian recipe served as a Pickles and Chutneys. Download Prawns pickle stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. You can have Prawns pickle using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that. The Best Prawns pickle Recipe – Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Prawns pickle
Ingredients of Prawns pickle Recipe
- You need 1/2 kg of prawns (medium sized).
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped ginger & garlic.
- You need 1 cup of red chillies.
- Prepare Pinch of asafoetida (hing).
- You need 1/4 tsp of fenugreek seeds (methi daana).
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare As needed of oil.
This is a prawn pickle that has a sweet, spicy and a tangy flavor. Shrimp prawn pickle is a fantastic spicy and fiery hot condiment popularly made in the coastal areas of Andhra and Goa. If required you can add boiled water (cool).prawns pickle. The prawn pickle needs to rest for a few days so all of the spices can mingle and blossom.
Prawns pickle instructions
- Firstly heat 1 tbsp oil in a small kadai add hing,mustard and methi seeds once mustard sluppters switch off the flame..once this cools make powder of this (using mortar & pestle).
- Next wash and clean prawns to this apply turmeric, ginger garlic paste, salt and marinate this for 30 mins.
- Now in pan add 1/4th cup oil when it's hot add prawns and fry,once it's nicely fried from both the sides. switch off the flame.
- Soak red chilles in water for 1/2hr..drain that and add vinegar & make fine paste of it.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a pan and add chopped ginger & garlic fry for 5 secs.
- Next add prepared red chilli paste,salt and fry till raw smell disappears.
- Now add fried prawns to this add (mustard,hing & methi seeds powder)Red chilli powder (see that u don't add water at any stage while cooking prawns).
- Mix everything well,add lemon juice, cover and cook for 10 mins, once done switch off the flame,prawns pickle is ready.
- Once this cools add in bottle and store as pickle.you can store this in refrigerator also..
- Tip1) – you can add vinegar more or less according to your taste (if u want your pickle to be more sour you can add more vinegar).
Place the prawns in a glass pickling jar and pour the cooled spice mix over them. Prawns cooked in a flavor packed masala and flavored with ginger, garlic, vinegar and curry leaves. This spicy pickle keeps well for long. Prawn Pickle Recipe, Learn how to make Prawn Pickle (absolutely delicious recipe of Prawn This Prawn Pickle recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested recipes from NDTV Food. Prawns are a great source of protein and provide some of the most important vitamins and minerals.