Roasted butternut squash chilli Recipe. Roasted butternut squash with garlic is a quick and easy side dish ready in less than an hour for a weeknight or a holiday gathering. Not sure I'd roast butternut squash any other way after making this basic, non-fussy recipe. This roasted butternut squash chili is something hearty and simple to prepare that I can make earlier in the day and keep warm in the Crockpot while I spend the rest of the day recovering from the holidays…and it is great as leftovers!
What makes this recipe special is the flavoring and the surprise secret ingredient at the end. Butternut squash & brussels sprouts tossed irresistible chili-maple sauce then roasted to perfection. Topped with pomegranate, gorgonzola, and pecans! You can cook Roasted butternut squash chilli using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Roasted butternut squash chilli Recipe – Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Roasted butternut squash chilli
Ingredients of Roasted butternut squash chilli Recipe
- You need 2 of peppers.
- You need 2 of large sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon.
- Prepare 1 tin of mixed beans.
- You need 1 tin of chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need of Pita bread.
- It’s 3 teaspoons of chilli powder.
- You need 2 teaspoons of cumin.
- You need 2 teaspoons of paprika.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoons of oregano.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
Roasted Butternut Squash is the perfect simple side dish or a great addition to salads, soups or chili. The steps to roast Butternut Squash are very simple! I personally like to cube the butternut squash before cooking although it can be a bit tough to cube. Learn how to cut a butternut squash (safely!) with this step-by-step tutorial!
Roasted butternut squash chilli instructions
- Peel, chop and part boil 2 large sweet potatoes..
- Then add the chopped onion and crushed garlic to a frying pan on medium heat, with a dash of olive oil. When it starts to brown add the chopped peppers.
- When the onions and peppers are cooked, add the tin of mixed beans and chickpeas and give it a good stir. Then mix all the spices listed above in a cup and add this to the pan whilst leaving little bit left in the cup to use later on. Stir again..
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and stir again. Fill up the empty tin half way with water and add to the pan. Stir again. Allow it to simmer and become thicker..
- Once the sweet potato is part boiled, drain and place on a baking tray. Pour a thin layer of vegetable oil over the potato and mix gently, so that the oil is covering all the chunks. Then using the left over spices in the cup, sprinkle this all over the chunks and mix gently..
- Place the tray into the oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees. Or cook until roasted. Don’t forget to turn the chunks over half way. Keep checking on the chilli mix and turn up the heat if needed to make it thicker. Once thicker, squeeze in the lemon juice and stir..
- When the sweet potato is roasted and the chilli tastes good to go, serve on a plate together with rice/pita or both! Add a dash of Greek yogurt if you can’t handle the heat 😋.
Plus, how to select a butternut squash and lots of recommendations for butternut squash recipes. This roasted butternut squash recipe takes things up a notch with zesty Mexican inspired flavors. Serve it with your favorite protein, in a quick burrito, or atop a bowl of quinoa or brown rice. Special Diet Notes: Chili Lime Roasted Butternut Squash. Soups, Stews, & Chilies · Vegetarian.