Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili Recipe. Slow cooker vegetarian chili is a cinch to pull together at the start of a busy work week. Simply stir all of the ingredients (except the corn and Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes Everyone Should Know. The slow cooker is a handy tool for every kind of kitchen — including ones where vegetable-driven.
Each bowl can be unique, which means leftovers of this Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lentil Chili will be a little less tiring… Obviously it's full of fiber! 😉. This slow cooker vegetarian chili uses beans and quinoa for a high-protein plant-based meal. Easy to make, packed with flavor – you'll never miss the meat! You can have Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that. The Best Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili Recipe – Recipe: Appetizing Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili
Ingredients of Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- You need 1 cup of Organic Quinoa.
- It’s 1 large of White Onion, Chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Green Bell Pepper, Chopped.
- It’s 5 of Carrots, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 2 can of (14.5 oz) Organic Diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1 can of (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can of 15 oz Chickpeas, drained and rised.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of Organic Vegetable Broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Chipotle powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Indian Paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
This is a real winter warmer and crowd pleaser of a recipe, which I can happily say is loved by herbivores and meat-eaters alike. Add as much or as little. I've also always added Corn to my Chili. Prepared as a vegetarian meal or with lean ground beef or turkey, the protein content will continue to remain high even in the absence of meat.
Slow Cooker High Protein High Fiber Vegetarian Chili step by step
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add Onions, Bell Peppers, Carrots and sauté for 10 minutes..
- Add Cayenne powder, cumin, black pepper, chipotle powder, ginger, Indian Paprika, stir in for 3 minutes..
- In slow cooker, add diced tomatoes, black beans, chickpeas, 1 cup Quinoa and 2 cups of vegetable broth. Stir to combine..
- Add sautéed Vegetables to slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours..
- Reduce slow cooker to warm and place 2 cups of chili into a blender or food processor and puree for 1 minute until smooth..
- return puree to slow cooker and stir in to combine..
- Optional ::: garnish with Parsley flakes and serve.
Because beans are loaded with not only protein but with fiber. These mystical vegetarian slow cooker recipes do exist—and they're just as comforting (and often less expensive to make If you ask me, the fiber- and protein-filled beans and lentils used in many of these recipes are extra delicious when they soak up other flavors and liquids in the slow cooker. The pumpkin adds a touch of sweetness, fiber, and vitamin A and it's a great way to sneak more veggies into your diet. Making healthy slow cooker recipes is so easy, you've got no excuses left. Try beef bourguignon, veggie or turkey chili, and much more.