Soy Chorizo Chili (Vegetarian) Recipe. Trader joe's soy chorizo is the vegan and vegetarian version of traditional chorizo, used here in this easy soy chorizo chili recipe. Soy chorizo is a meat substitute made from soy protein or TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein), and additional spices. If you've been following my blog for awhile, you know that I (almost always) focus on whole food ingredients, and avoid processed foods in my recipes.
I never told hubby Tom that it contained soy chorizo or that it had a little chocolate in it. Vegan chorizo chili is a revelation of flavor, texture, and protein, thanks to a soy meat substitute that tastes like the real thing. "I looked at a bunch of vegan chili recipes trying to find one that I really liked. This recipe is a remix/modification of a great recipe. You can have Soy Chorizo Chili (Vegetarian) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that. The Best Soy Chorizo Chili (Vegetarian) Recipe – Recipe: Appetizing Soy Chorizo Chili (Vegetarian)
Ingredients of Soy Chorizo Chili (Vegetarian) Recipe
- It’s 2 (15 oz) of cans of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of small can green chiles.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can sweet corn.
- It’s 1 package (8 oz) of Soy Chorizo, removed from the casing.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 cup of water.
Soy chorizo is amazing in tacos, burritos, and other places that ground meat would be used. You can also making a pretty bomb soy chorizo chili. Stir in the soyrizo toward the end of cooking your favorite tomatoey chili recipe so that it keeps all of its delicious spicy flavor. When corn tortillas are used, this recipe is also gluten free.
Soy Chorizo Chili (Vegetarian) instructions
- Combine all ingredients in your cooking pot of choice (see below) and stir to mix..
- If you're cooking this in a slow cooker, cook it on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-7 hours..
- If you're cooking this on a stovetop, let it simmer for 2 hours (stir it occasionally)..
- If you're prepping this ahead of time, mix it all in a large bowl and then package it in single servings and put it into the freezer; then you can take it out and cook it one serving at a time (which is good for those smaller Instant Pots, haha)..
I love to use Trader Joe's Soy Chorizo in this recipe, but other brands of soyrizo will also work just fine. Today we will be making Trader Joe's Soy Chorizo Chili. This is a super simple and delicious dish that won't take long. So when I saw Soy Chorizo at my local Trader Joe's I had to try it. The Best Vegetarian Chorizo Recipes on Yummly