Vegan chilli con carne Recipe. Today I'm going back to basics and re-making an old favourite: Chilli Con Carne. Last month, I posted a round-up of easy vegan weeknight dinners Including this incredibly delicious and satisfying chilli which is very simple to make and takes just half an hour to cook. This meatless (aka vegan) chili proves that you can still enjoy your favourite meals, but in a new, animal friendly way.
Don't believe anyone that To me, this vegan chilli con carne is the definition of comfort food and it's so healthy! High in fibre, protein, vitamins and minerals AND low in saturated. Whether you're vegan, vegetarian or carnivore, this vegan chilli con carne is full of big flavours and a very healthy dinner choice. You can cook Vegan chilli con carne using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Vegan chilli con carne Recipe – Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Vegan chilli con carne
Ingredients of Vegan chilli con carne Recipe
- Prepare 2 of large white onions.
- Prepare 2 of red or orange bell peppers.
- You need 5 pieces of jar jalapeños.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic or 2 heaped tsp garlic paste.
- It’s of Chilli powder.
- It’s of Ground cumin.
- Prepare of Paprika (not smoked).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 250 g of red lentils.
- You need 4 tins of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tins of red kidney beans.
- You need 2 tins of chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 bunch of coriander.
This vegan chilli con carne is perfect for a healthy, meat-free meal. If you're a meat-eater, the roasted butternut squash and smoky flavour from the chipotle paste means. Chili Slow Cooking Dairy Free Vegan Vegetarian Pinto Beans Beans Lunch Make Ahead Main Dish. Here's my first proper recipe video for one of the first things I ever made when I became a vegetarian.
Vegan chilli con carne instructions
- Finely chop the onions and chop the peppers into small pieces. Heat oil in a large pan on a medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and fry for 3-4 minutes. Stirring frequently..
- Using a mortar and pestle or a food processor grind the garlic and jalapeños until they become a paste. Or chop them very finely..
- Add the garlic & jalapeños to the pot along with 2 tbsp chilli powder, 1 tbsp of ground cumin, 1 heaped tsp paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well..
- Add all the chopped tomatoes and 500ml water to the pan and stir. Then bring the pot to the boil..
- Then add the lentils with another pinch of salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on. Keep an eye on it, stir it occasionally to make sure it doesn't stick and if it looks too dry you can add more water but I didn't find that necessary..
- Then add the kidney beans and chickpeas to the pot with an extra 1 tbsp ground cumin and 1 tbsp chilli powder. I know this sounds like a lot of chilli powder but with all the tomatoes it's the perfect amount..
- Simmer for 30 minutes then take off the heat. Finely chop the coriander and stir through. Then serve over rice of your choice..
Since then I have slightly adapted the recipe so. This healthy chili sin carne is perfect for lunch, meal prep or dinner. The recipe is low-fat and gluten-free. You can serve this delicious comfort meal with rice, potatoes, pasta or flatbread. This easy chilli con carne recipe is a quick and classic sharing option for a casual night with friends.