Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean) Recipe. Petai (or stink bean) is one of the weirdest and stinkiest bean around, not for the faint hearted for sure. Be sure to brush your teeth afterwards if you still need to interact with other human beings. : D Always half all petai since worms (and big fat ones too) seems to love digging inside the beans and. Sambal udang petai adalah makanan kegemaran kami sekeluarga.
Petai (stink bean) is one of my favourite bean, especially cooked with sambal prawn, super yummy! And this bean has very good health benefits Petai ( Stink beans). just use few blend ingredients instead of the full ingredients from sweet sambal tumis. This time I use the belacan (shrimp paste). You can cook Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that. The Best Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean) Recipe – Recipe: Yummy Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean)
Ingredients of Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean) Recipe
- Prepare 2 Handfuls of dried chili (soaked and blend till it became paste).
- You need 1 of Whole onion (blend with the soaked dried chili).
- It’s 3 of shallots (sliced thinly).
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic (sliced thinly).
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of tamarind juice.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sugar (depends on the spiciness of your dried chili).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 10 cloves of Stink bean.
- It’s of Prawn (can be substituted with the seafood that you like).
- Prepare 5 tbsp of cooking oil.
Add prawns and stir till three-quarters cooked. Then add in the petai and cook for about two minutes. Add sugar and salt to taste. The petai should be just half cooked to taste good.
Sambal udang petai (spicy chili gravy with prawn and stink bean) instructions
- Pour the oil into the wok let it be hot enough to fry our shallots and garlic.
- Throw in the garlic and shallots into the oil and fry them until golden brown.
- Add in the chili paste and stir.
- After the chili paste is cooked, add in the sugar and stir. To know whether the chili paste is cooked, you can see the oil covering the chili..
- After a few stirring, you wanted to add the tamarind juice and let the paste cooked for a while..
- Next, add the stink bean. And let it cooked for about 10 mins.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add in the prawn and let them cooked for 7-10 mins and you’re done!.
- This is the final look! Yum!.
Sambal Udang (Prawn Sambal) is a well loved side dish that is often taken for granted. It seldom takes center stage as it is usually served as an accompaniment or condiment to jazz up a meal. A little goes a long way because the sauce (and not the shrimps) is actually the star of the dish. Recipe by Nanyang Express 南洋小厨Course: MainCuisine: Chinese. Add in homemade sambal belacan, asam paste, water and fry evenly until it boils.