Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli Recipe. A crockpot is a perfect tool when you are trying to cook more nutritiously in your kitchen, and this Crockpot Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili Recipe is a winner! There are no difficult steps or confusing things to follow to make this chili. You just dump all of the ingredients in your crockpot in the morning and let it do the work.
It not only has lots of color but lots of flavor. The biggest surprise with this soup is the Mexican/ Southwest inspired flavors. Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili. You can have Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli Recipe – Recipe: Perfect Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli
Ingredients of Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli Recipe
- You need 4-5 pounds of sweet potatoes (about 5 big sweet potatoes).
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chilli powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 can (28 ounce) of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (16 ounce) of refried beans.
- Prepare 2 cans (15.5 ounce) of black beans, undrained.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 ounce) of chicken broth (low sodium).
- It’s 2 of onions, sliced.
- You need 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
To add more body to the chili, I smashed some of the beans up right in the crockpot to fill it out some. I recommend serving with avocado, greek yogurt, cilantro and a squeeze of lemon juice which reallly elevates all the flavors. Crockpot Sweet Potato, Black Bean Quinoa Chili: Slow cookers are a great way to cook while you hike. How many cups is two medium sweet potatoes cubed?
Crockpot Sweet Potato 🍠 Black Bean Chilli instructions
- Rinse and peel your sweet potatoes, then cut into chunks…..
- Place sweet potato chunks into large crockpot……..
- Add to sweet potatoes your black pepper, chilli powder and ground cumin……
- Now add your crushed tomatoes, refried beans, black beans and chicken broth……
- Now add your sliced onions, green pepper and minced garlic, stir well…..
- Cover and cook on Low heat for 8 hours, stirring occasionally……
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream and enjoy 😉!!!.
I ask because you can purchase ready-made cubes in a bag. Drain and discard any excess grease. Pile in the ingredients and let the slow cooker create this delicious and hearty Sweet Potato-Black Bean Chili. Transfer cooked onions and peppers into your slow cooker. Add in roasted sweet potato chunks, black beans and diced tomatoes.