Potato-Apple Cheddar Pancakes Recipe. These potato pancakes include shredded apples and green onions for a new twist to the traditional recipe. More oil may be needed with each batch. Remove pancakes from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel-lined plate.
Tart Granny Smith apple and fresh dill flavor crisp potato pancakes. Serve them plain or topped with smoked salmon. Utilize leftover corn and mashed potatoes to create a new tasty side dish with these Corn & Cheddar Mashed Potato Fritters. You can have Potato-Apple Cheddar Pancakes using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Potato-Apple Cheddar Pancakes Recipe – Recipe: Delicious Potato-Apple Cheddar Pancakes
Ingredients of Potato-Apple Cheddar Pancakes Recipe
- Prepare 2 of large potatoes (or 3 medium will do).
- It’s 2 of apples ( I used Fuji for this recipe; use any type. Granny Smith, Red delicious etc.).
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 4 of green onion scallions chopped thinly.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 of oil for frying ( olive oil, canola).
- Prepare 1 of sour cream for topping.
Mix potatoes, apples, onion, eggs, flour, mace,. until hot. Peel the potatoes and. batter for each pancake and flatten. Fry as many. cream if you like. I am not one to resist potatoes, especially when they call out my name.
Potato-Apple Cheddar Pancakes step by step
- Fill a large mixing bowl with cold water. Peel, and then rinse your potatoes. Grate by hand your potatoes; or with your food processor grater. Place grated potatoes immediately into bowl of cold water. Repeat same steps with your 2 apples; peel, grate and place into bowl of cold water with potatoes. So to keep them from browning..
- Drain grated potatoes and apples. Press as much water as you can from mixture. In medium bowl mix grated potatoes/apples, onion, cheese, eggs, flour, salt, white pepper, cayenne and cajun seasoning. Stir to combine..
- Heat about a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Drop dollops of batter (about 4) into pan. Press down on potato batter to form small pancakes, leave some space between so you can flip them. Fry both sides until a nice golden to medium brown. You may add more oil to pan in between batches if needed..
- If pancakes seem oily place them onto a paper towel..
- Serve pancakes topped with sour cream or a hollandaise sauce..
So yesterday, I mixed up a batch of these Savory Apple Potato Pancakes with some thyme and green chilies. They were so good, I ate up the first batch hot off the stove, and it took all of my willpower to save some for Jay. Cheddar mashed potato pancakes are the perfect comfort food or side dish to a hearty meat. Serve the potato pancakes topped with sour cream and garnished with additional chopped scallions. Kelly's Notes Applesauce is a classic topping for potato pancakes and he took this sweet-savory pairing to the next level with homemade apple compote and shards of aged Cheddar cheese.