German pancakes(eierkuchen) Recipe. Eierkuchen, German Pancakes are just the ticket. They can be filled with any number of fillings- berry sauce, fruit, jam, Nutella, or even sugar. They are more a crepe than a traditional American pancake.
Eierkuchen is traditionally served with applesauce and cinnamon sugar in Germany. Reviews for: Photos of German Pancakes II. The absolute best german pancakes recipe. You can have German pancakes(eierkuchen) using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that. The Best German pancakes(eierkuchen) Recipe – Easiest Way to Make Perfect German pancakes(eierkuchen)
Ingredients of German pancakes(eierkuchen) Recipe
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need Dash of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 6 of eggs separated.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- You need Dash of cream of tarter.
- Prepare of Powdered sugar (optional).
- Prepare of Jelly (optional).
Six simple ingredients, five minutes to prepare, and a sure family favorite! This German pancake (aka Dutch baby pancake) would perfect for Easter breakfast this year. Actually this is more of a Dutch Baby, because German "Pfannkuchen/Eierkuchen" (google it)are flat. It is not so much something that was baked in the oven but in a pan… Easy, delicious and healthy German Puff Pancake / Deutsch Eierkuchen recipe from The pancake deflates very quickly!
German pancakes(eierkuchen) step by step
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and 1/4 cup of the buttermilk. Add egg yolks, sugar and vanilla; beat at medium speed until smooth. Add remaining 1/4 cup buttermilk and sour cream; mix well. In medium bowl, add cream of tarter to egg whites; beat until stiff. Fold egg whites into batter. Heat griddle; grease with butter. Spoon batter onto griddle to crepe thickness. Cook until light brown on both sides. Serve with powdered sugar or jelly if desired..
Serve with sliced fresh fruit or berries and/or powdered sugar, syrup or lemon. Kartoffelpuffer , Eierkuchen, Pickert, Flädle, Speckpfannkuchen and many more. Fluffy German pancakes – add jam or cinnamon sugar or eat them with veggies and sauce, or with banana German Pancakes – Pfannkuchen. if you have, bake two or more at a time in different pans. Light and fluffy German Pancakes (aka Dutch Baby) are a breakfast staple and a family favorite! German pancakes take only a few minutes to prepare – and you probably have everything on hand.