Smokey Vegetarian Chilli Recipe.
You can have Smokey Vegetarian Chilli using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Smokey Vegetarian Chilli Recipe – Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Smokey Vegetarian Chilli
Ingredients of Smokey Vegetarian Chilli Recipe
- It’s 3 of sweet potatoes, diced (skin on).
- You need 1 tsp of hot chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of –.
- Prepare of Chilli.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 of large garlic cloves.
- You need 2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 of red pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of green pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of large green chilli, sliced.
- Prepare 800 g of tinned tomatoes.
- It’s 400 g of tinned green lentils.
- You need 400 g of tinned black eyed beans.
- You need of Coriander to garnish.
Smokey Vegetarian Chilli instructions
- Preheat the oven to 190°C..
- In a mixing bowl, combine the diced sweet potatoes, chilli powder and olive oil and mix with your hands to coat the potato cubes. Bake the potatoes in the oven for 30 minutes, shaking the tray occasionally..
- While the potatoes are cooking, gently sweat the onion and garlic in the olive oil, in a large soup pan. After 5 minutes, add the spices and herbs into the pan and mix well with the onions. Allow the spices to cook out for another couple of minutes, stirring regularly..
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the pan. Stir well then simmer gently, covered, for 25-30 minutes..
- Serve the chilli topped with the roasted sweet potatoes and fresh coriander..