Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks Recipe. Add in shrimp and cook until shrimp are done. Cook until bubbles appear on surface and bottoms are nicely browned. Flip and cook one more minute.
Add remaining Cajun seasoning, thyme, black pepper, cubed potatoes, and corn. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Place shrimp and crab boil into a large saucepan. You can have Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks Recipe – Recipe: Yummy Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks Recipe
- It’s of Flapjack batter.
- Prepare 1 can of creamed corn (15 oz).
- You need 4 tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need of Cajun Shrimp.
- It’s 1 lb of large shrimp (in the shell).
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- It’s 3 of scallions, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
All Reviews for Linguine with Cajun-Spiced Shrimp and Corn. If you enjoy great Cajun food and you enjoy a creamy shrimp dish, this recipe for Shrimp & Corn Bisque is on the top of the list. Cajun Shrimp Bake. featured in Shrimp Recipes For True Seafood Lovers. Mix until the vegetables are coated evenly with the spice mix.
Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks instructions
- In a medium bowl combine the batter ingredients..
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray, then pour about 1/3 cup of the batter into the hot skillet for each flapjack. Cook in batches until the bottoms are golden and bubbles appear on the surface. Flip the flapjacks and finish cooking (approx 1 minute more). Repeat with the remaining batter..
- Place the cooked flapjacks into an oven safe dish and keep warm in an oven heated to about 250°..
- Peel the shrimp, reserving the shells..
- In a medium bowl, toss the peeled shrimp with the Cajun seasoning..
- Place the shrimp shells into a shallow saucepan with the water and the cayenne. Bring the water to a boil and cook until the liquid is reduced by half (approx 5 minutes). Drain the shrimp broth into a medium bowl and set aside. Discard the shells..
- In a large non stick skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat until it ripples. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour into the oil and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture turns rich Brown in color (3-5 minutes)..
- Add the garlic and scallions to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the reserved shrimp broth and boil the sauce for about 1 minute to thicken..
- Add the shrimp to the sauce and cook just until cooked through and appear pink (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat and cover to keep warm..
- When ready to serve, place a flapjack or two on each plate and top with the shrimp and sauce..
Learn how to make Cajun Shrimp-and-Corn Bisque. Cajun Corn Shrimp Soup – a Cajun classic made with flavorful combination of tomatoes, shrimp and corn. A perfect hearty soup for fall season! Fresh corn season is almost coming to an end – NOOOO. Don't mind me, I do love corn and would miss it but now am going to satisfy my cravings until it's.