Ham and Parmesan meatloaf with polenta and mushroom sauce Recipe. This reminds me of a Marcella Hazan recipe for winter meatballs with a similar method, mashing bread and milk, mixing pancetta and parmesan into the meat, rolling. While sauce is simmering, prepare polenta. Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in polenta, garlic powder, sugar, and salt.
We've already seen Angelina's southern Italian style meatloaf, stuffed with mozzarella and baked in the oven with potatoes. In this version, the meatloaf is browned and braised on top of the stove, the more usual technique among Italians. The initial browning does require a bit of dexterity to avoid the loaf. You can have Ham and Parmesan meatloaf with polenta and mushroom sauce using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Ham and Parmesan meatloaf with polenta and mushroom sauce Recipe – How to Make Delicious Ham and Parmesan meatloaf with polenta and mushroom sauce
Ingredients of Ham and Parmesan meatloaf with polenta and mushroom sauce Recipe
- You need of For the meatloaf – polpettone :.
- You need 400 g of good quality mince.
- You need 50 g of chopped ham.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons of Parmesan.
- It’s of Small slice of bread.
- You need Splash of milk.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of For the sauce :.
- You need of Small amount of chopped carrots onions and celery.
- Prepare 250 g of mushrooms – I used a bag of mixed, frozen mushrooms.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Glug of white wine.
- You need 200 ml of stock.
- It’s of Polenta :.
- Prepare Packet of ready made rolled polenta.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
For the mushrooms. ½ ounce dried porcini mushrooms. Put the polenta in a warmed bowl, then top with mushrooms and the sauce. Turkey and beef meatloaf with a mushroom, spinach parmesan sauce!! Cooking with Jaye and the ladies -Jaye.
Ham and Parmesan meatloaf with polenta and mushroom sauce step by step
- Tear up the bread, put in a bowl, add a splash of milk. Leave to soak for a few minutes. Put mince in a bowl. Add all meatloaf ingredients. Mix up well using your hands.
- Turn out onto cling film. Shape into a sausage. Roll up and leave it in the fridge for an hour. Here's a picture of the polenta. Preheat oven to 200.
- Sauté carrots, onions and celery in a little oil. Add mushrooms and turn up the heat. After 5+6 minutes, add the wine and let it evaporate. Now turn down the heat and simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Place polenta on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place meatloaf in a baking tray too. Now bake both together for about 25-30 mins. Turn polenta and meatloaf once during cooking. Meanwhile, using a hand blender, whizz up the sauce to your liking and keep warm. Rest meatloaf for a few minutes when cooked.
- Carve up, plate up and enjoy 😁.
This meatloaf is dressed up with a seasoned mushroom gravy. Add the mushrooms and sauté, stirring, until tender and browned and the liquid has evaporated. Add the beef stock and continue cooking, stirring, until thickened. Add the gravy browning sauce (Gravy Master, Kitchen Bouquet, etc. Polenta (cornmeal) is a north Italian speciality.