Vegan Chili Recipe.
You can have Vegan Chili using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that. The Best Vegan Chili Recipe – Recipe: Delicious Vegan Chili
Ingredients of Vegan Chili Recipe
- You need 1 of large bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of medium red onion, diced.
- It’s 4 of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 4 of ribs celery, chopped.
- It’s 2 of sweet potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 of zucchini, diced.
- It’s 1 of Jalepeno pepper, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- You need 2 cups of vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 can (15 oz) of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can (15 oz) of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of black beans, drained.
- It’s 1 can of Chili beans.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoons of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh cilantro.
Vegan Chili instructions
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the onion, bell pepper, carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, zucchini, jalepeno, and salt and sauté about 10 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Add the garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika, and cumin. Cook about one minute stirring occasionally..
- Add the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes (with juices), crushed tomatoes, drained black beans, and chili beans. Stir to combine and bring the pot to a simmer. Continue cooking (uncovered) stirring occasionally and reducing heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat..
- For the best texture and flavor, transfer 1-1/2 cups to a blender and blend until smooth, then pour back into the pot. Add the chopped cilantro and stir..
- Serve however you like your chili – with corn bread, corn chips, noodles, cheese, etc..