Homemade Spicy Chili Recipe.
You can have Homemade Spicy Chili using 21 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Homemade Spicy Chili Recipe – Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Homemade Spicy Chili
Ingredients of Homemade Spicy Chili Recipe
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Meat.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- Prepare 1 large of Onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 clove of of Garlic, chopped.
- You need 2 of Jalapeño pepper, chopped (seeded for less spice).
- Prepare 1 can of of Kidney Beans, drained.
- Prepare 1 can of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies.
- You need 1 can of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 2 large of Sweet Peppers, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of Parsley.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Oregano.
- It’s 2 of Bay Leaves.
- You need 4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Sour Cream (or sour cream sub.; See below) for topping (Optional).
- It’s 1 of Chives, chopped for topping (Optional).
- You need 1 cup of Shredded Cheese (Cheddar, Mexican or 3 Cheese).
- It’s 1 of Homemade Sour Cream/ Sour Cream sub = 3/4 plain low fat yogurt mixed with 1/4 butter. Whip with a large spoon until thoroughly blended..
Homemade Spicy Chili instructions
- Season meat with garlic powder, season salt and black pepper..
- In a crock pot, heat oil and sauté onions and garlic..
- When onions are tender add meat and stir meat, crumbling until brown..
- Add chili powder and continue to stir..
- Add can of diced tomatoes with chilies and stir..
- Add beans and continue to stir..
- Add jalapeños and sweet peppers and vinegar..
- Add cumin, parsley, Italian seasoning and oregano and continue to stir. Add bay leaves..
- Add can of tomato paste and 2 cups of water and continue to stir..
- Add brown sugar and stir..
- Season with additional chili powder, parsley and garlic powder to taste..
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add 2 more cups of water and stir until boiling again. Reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes..
- Serve chili and top with cheese, diced celery or chives, sour cream, and sliced jalapeño..
- Serve with a nice slice of Texas toast or tortilla chips and save some for tomorrow where it'll be twice as good!.