Butternut squash pancakes with butternut yogurt sauce Recipe. This Butternut Squash Pancakes recipe is an easy way to add some extra vegetables to breakfast! Made with just a few ingredients, they can be made ahead of time and reheated and also make a great, healthy snack! It's been a while since I shared a pancake recipe on the blog, hasn't it?
Drizzle with yogurt sauce and serve the remaining sauce separately. Butternut squash always inspires me to get cooking in the fall. Maybe it's because it has butter in its name? You can cook Butternut squash pancakes with butternut yogurt sauce using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Butternut squash pancakes with butternut yogurt sauce Recipe – Recipe: Yummy Butternut squash pancakes with butternut yogurt sauce
Ingredients of Butternut squash pancakes with butternut yogurt sauce Recipe
- You need of [Dry Ingredients]:.
- It’s 125 g of flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare dash of cinnamon.
- It’s dash of nutmeg.
- Prepare of [Wet Ingredients]:.
- Prepare 150 g of mashed butternut squash.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 130 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 5 of drops vanilla essence, optional.
- It’s of [Butternut Squash Yoghurt Sauce]:.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of mashed butternut squash.
- You need 1-2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 3-4 Tbsp of plain yoghurt.
- It’s of Other: Butter for topping.
These butternut squash pancakes tend to take their time getting cooked all the way through. I think these would be just wonderful with a spiced caramel sauce. This worked fine but I added a little honey to the mixture since yellow is not as sweet as butternut. I also used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
Butternut squash pancakes with butternut yogurt sauce step by step
- Before starting, prepare the mashed butternut squash (you need about 1/4 of a whole squash). Peel the squash, cut into smaller chunks and steam it until soft enough to mash (about 10 minutes). Mash and let it cool down for a few minutes in a bowl. Set aside 3-4 Tbsp squash for the yoghurt sauce if making..
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well..
- Once the squash has cooled a little, whisk together the wet ingredients until everything is well combined..
- Mix the the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients..
- Heat a frying pan or griddle on medium low. Grease with a little vegetable oil or melt some butter in the pan. Pour in one ladle of batter per each pancake. When the top becomes bubbly, flip the pancake over..
- Cook the other side another minute or so until golden brown, then remove to a warm plate. Repeat cooking the batter until all pancakes are cooked (about 6 in total). You can keep the finished pancakes warm by keeping them covered in a warm oven..
- For the butternut squash yogurt sauce: Mix together 3 or 4 Tbsp mashed butternut squash, with 3-4 Tbsp plain yogurt. Adjust the sweetness by mixing in some sugar..
- Serve pancakes with the butternut squash yogurt sauce and/or a dollop of butter :).
More butternut squash recipes: Butternut Squash Pizza, Butternut Squash Crostini, and Stuffed Shells with Butternut Squash Sauce. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is thick and delicious, and it isn't loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the sweet and savory qualities of the. Make the sauce: Add tomato sauce, chipotle peppers with adobo sauce, greek yogurt, chili powder and garlic to bowl of a food processor; process a few You usually can find cubed butternut squash at Trader Joe's; it's much easier than cubing it yourself. Also, feel free to use sweet potatoes instead..butternut squash that wasn't good, but this recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash with Tahini-Yogurt Sauce has to be the most unusual butternut Of course you can buy butternut squash already cut up, but I think the freshly peeled and cut wedges have more flavor, especially for a recipe like this.