Buttermilk Pancakes (Alton Brown) Recipe. Alton Brown's semi-instant pancake mix is your new pantry staple for weekend brunch. Light and fluffy buttermilk pancakes come together quickly when you start with my five-ingredient homemade mix. When it comes to cooking, it's tough to beat a nonstick electric griddle.
Make the Mix – The best instant pancake mix. This recipe has a unique step to it. You will make a dry mix of flour Btw, my pancakes ended up flat and a bit rubbery. You can have Buttermilk Pancakes (Alton Brown) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it. The Best Buttermilk Pancakes (Alton Brown) Recipe – Recipe: Appetizing Buttermilk Pancakes (Alton Brown)
Ingredients of Buttermilk Pancakes (Alton Brown) Recipe
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
I did not use buttermilk as I didn't have any so I used milk with a tablespoon of vinegar which is the. Alton Brown's pancakes are my go-to pancakes: thick, fluffy, and fool-proof. They're delicious no matter how you flavor them: syrup, chocolate, anything! Whisk the egg and butter in a bowl, then whisk in the buttermilk.
Buttermilk Pancakes (Alton Brown) step by step
- Heat an electric griddle to 350 or place a nonstick frying pan over medium-low heat..
- Pulse the first five ingredients together in a food processor. Whisk the last three ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until the batter comes together. Don’t over mix!.
- Set the batter aside to rest for five minutes..
- Add the extra butter to your pan, just enough to coat, and ladle the batter in to form whatever size pancakes you want. Cook until bubbles form and the bottom is golden, approximately 3 minutes. Flip and cook until the second side is golden, another 2 minutes or so. Adjust the heat as necessary as you go along..
- Serve immediately or keep them warm in a 200°F oven..
Whisk together egg whites and buttermilk in a bowl. Fresh buttermilk is the secret ingredient for light and fluffy cakes in this buttermilk pancake recipe. They weren't fluffy, they were thick and we were unimpressed. The extra sugar in the batter isn't necessary for buttermilk pancakes, but we like a lot of buttermilk flavor. Episode: The Dough Also Rises: The Reload.