Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe. Dutch baby pancakes are like a hybrid (or a love child, if you will) of a pancake, a crepe, and a popover — all in one giant skillet. It feels like a party trick, but for the breakfast crowd. Remove pancake from oven, cut into wedges and serve at once topped with syrup, preserves, confectioners' sugar or cinnamon sugar.
Using a spatula, remove the entire Dutch baby from the pan and place on a cooling rack for a few Dust with confectioners' sugar when cooled slightly. This Dutch Baby Pancake recipe is a great way to change up your weekend brunch menu. The puffy pancake-popover hybrid known as a Dutch baby is a favorite of mine. You can cook Dutch Baby Pancake using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe – Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Dutch Baby Pancake
Ingredients of Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe
- It’s of For the pancake.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of whole milk.
- You need 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter.
Imagine my dismay when I discovered that the online version of my preferred breakfast popover had garnered more than. One Dutch baby is big enough for four servings, so everyone at breakfast can have a plate of piping fresh, hot pancake at the same time. We have this recipe in my family forever. We call them German oven pancakes and they are soo good.
Dutch Baby Pancake instructions
- Put a 12 iron skillet on the middle rack of your oven and preheat to 450°F Fahrenheit..
- As the oven is preheating, whip 3 eggs until pale and frothy. Then beat milk, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and continue to beat until smooth (about 1 minute more). The batter should be thin..
- Take your preheated skillet out of the oven and add 4 tablespoons of butter, swirling the pan to melt the butter and coat the pan. Once the bottom of the pan is covered in butter, pour the Dutch Baby pancake batter into it and immediately return the skillet to the oven..
- Bake until puffed and golden brown, for 18 to 25 minutes..
- Once the Dutch baby is done baking in the oven, remove and allow the pancake to collapse, then add your favorite toppings, and serve..
Whether you call it an oven pancake, a Dutch baby, or a Hootin Annie, this buttery breakfast (or dessert) pastry deserves a spot at your Saturday morning breakfast table. Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake. Made with a batter of flour, eggs, sugar, butter, milk, cooked in the oven. These Dutch baby pancakes are easy to whip up and bake in the oven. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately. extra-billowy dutch baby pancake.