Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream – atayef bi ashta Recipe. A super delicious arabic dessert , a sort of pancake stuffed with cream and garnished with nuts and sugar syrup. mostly served in the month of ramadan. •Ashta cream is a clotted cream popular in the Middle East that is sometimes scented with orange blossom water. You can find it at select Middle Eastern grocers or substitute it by mixing ricotta cheese with a little thickened cream and optionally a drop of orange blossom water. After cooking all of the pancakes, let them cool a little.
Chopped pistachios and sweet syrup finish Atayef are small pancakes that are cooked on one side, shaped and then filled. They can be filled with sweetened ricotta cheese, nuts mixed with. Ataif bil ashta are luscious cream filled Arabic pancakes drizzled in orange blossom water scented sugar syrup. You can cook Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream – atayef bi ashta using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream – atayef bi ashta Recipe – Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream – atayef bi ashta
Ingredients of Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream – atayef bi ashta Recipe
- It’s of – For the batter:.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of warm water.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of dried yeast dissolved in 2 tablespoons of warm water.
- You need 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- Prepare of – For the ashta cream: prepare ahead of time.
- You need 2 cups of milk.
- You need 2 cups of whipping cream.
- It’s 6 slices of American-style white bread.
- It’s 4 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in ¼ cup water.
- Prepare of – For the sugar syrup:.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- It’s of Candied orange blossom (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of raw ground pistachios.
- It’s of For garnishing:.
Atayef (Kataif), the ultimate Arabic pancake. Atayef are Middle-Eastern Pancakes stuffed with a ricotta cream, sprinkled with crushed pistachios and served with a rose-water simple syrup. Ashta is a clotted cream made from whole milk. It can be made at home, but, to be honest I highly prefer the ricotta cheese filling.
Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream – atayef bi ashta step by step
- To prepare the sugar syrup: put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 min until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl..
- To prepare the batter: mix all the ingredients together. Leave to rest for 3 hr at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator..
- To prepare the atayef pancakes: delicately pour 1 large serving spoon of batter on a slightly greased pan. You should have an 8 cm diameter pancake. Cook on one side only. Bubbles will form on the surface of the dough. The pancakes are ready to be removed when the bubbles burst and the bottom of the pancake is slightly brown. The pancakes should be firm enough to be filled but they shouldn't be fully cooked. Repeat with the rest of the batter..
- To prepare the ashta cream: Cut off the edges of the bread. Discard. Cut in dices the soft white part. Place the bread dices in a saucepan and pour the milk and whipping cream over them. Let the bread dices soak in the milk and cream mixture for at least 2 hr in the refrigerator. Put the saucepan on medium heat and, with a wooden spoon, start stirring the bread and milk mixture. Once the milk starts heating, add the water-dissolved cornstarch. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens. Once d.
- Fill each pancake with 1 to 2 tablespoons of ashta cream, close it from one side and keep it open from the other..
- Garnish with ground pistachios or candied orange blossoms. Add sugar syrup to taste while serving..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'Ashta cream' under my profile..
Qatayef Asafiri stuffed with creamy ashta, dipped in crushed nuts and drizzled with honey or syrup. Qatayef is usually deep fried, but Qatayef Asafiri type is not fried after being filled with Ashta or cream and that's how it should be done. Atayef (kataif or قطايف) are thin and lacy stuffed Arabic pancakes. What sets these pancakes apart is that they are cooked only on one side, the other side is velvety because it is covered with bubbles, this allows the flavors of the filling to permeate the atayef. There are two types of atayef, regular and.