Valentines day Wholewheat Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe. Treat you family with these delicious buttermilk pancakes that can be baked to perfect golden brown hue. I substituted half skim milk and half fat free plain greek yogurt for the buttermilk due to ingredients I had on hand and they turned out fantastic. Fiber-rich whole wheat buttermilk pancakes made with low-fat buttermilk are a healthy way to enjoy a leisurely morning breakfast.
Fresh buttermilk is the secret ingredient for light and fluffy cakes in this buttermilk pancake recipe. My trick for getting these nice and fluffy was to let the batter sit for a day or two in the refrigerator. We had been making Mom's Buttermilk Pancakes for months now. You can cook Valentines day Wholewheat Buttermilk Pancakes using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Valentines day Wholewheat Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe – Recipe: Tasty Valentines day Wholewheat Buttermilk Pancakes
Ingredients of Valentines day Wholewheat Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour.
- You need 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Flaxseed.
- Prepare Pinch of Cinnamon.
- Prepare Pinch of Nutmeg.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cups of Buttermilk Lowfat.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 2 of Eggs Large.
- Prepare 1 of Eggwhite.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Honey.
- Prepare of Maple Syrup.
- It’s of Butter.
They're super easy to make and. "Pairs wheat germ and whole-wheat pastry flour for a healthy, wholesome breakfast treat. If you use a Teflon griddle you do not have to use oil." In a medium bowl, mix eggs with oil and buttermilk. Stir in baking soda, wheat germ, salt and flour; mix until blended. "These pancakes have the healthy nuttiness of whole wheat flour, but stay light and fluffy," writes TaraTeaspoon's Tara Bench. Don't forget the powdered sugar garnish!
Valentines day Wholewheat Buttermilk Pancakes step by step
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, spices, flaxseed and salt in a large bowl, preferably strained through a sieve as this will make pancakes lighter and fluffier. Stir together..
- Combine buttermilk, oil, honey,1 egg, and the egg white, stirring with a whisk; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. (Mixture should be runny, almost like a thick milkshake consistency).
- Heat a pan and add some butter, enough to cover the base of the pan.For the savoury recipe i make a larger, thicker pancake. Cook the pancake on one side, checking to turn once it is a golden brown. Flip pancake over, allow to cook for just a few seconds..
- Take off the heat and with a butter knife cut a large heart shape out of the centre. The pancake should be cooked solidly enough to allow this. Return to a medium heat, add a little drop of oil to the centre, and break an egg into the centre..
- To cook the top of the egg i like to stick the pan under a grill flame/broiler for a minute. Then place your pancake onto the plate and serve how you would like; In the picture I have sauteed some mushrooms, grilled some turkey bacon, and poured some syrup on the plate. Voila!.
- For the sweet plate (pictured) I heat the pan as before, melt some butter, and slowly pour two lines of pancakes that meet at the bottom to form a heart shape. Once the pancake is cooked, you can use a butter knife to perfect the heart shape!.
- For the sweet pancake i decorated the plate by arranging pomegranate seeds around one pancake, whipped cream and cinnamon on top of another, sliced bananas and maple syrup on the plate, and a serving of strawberries, blueberries and almonds on the side, but be creative and use anything youd like!.
Sharing one of my favorite buttermilk pancakes today! These Whole Wheat Cherry Walnut Buttermilk Pancakes are the perfect Buttermilk Pancakes. Making a gorgeous pancake recipe on the weekends for my family is one of my very favorite meals to treat. Whole wheat pancake mix also makes tasty waffles as well. Made from fresh flour that keeps the kernel for more nutrition.