Mayak vegetable rice bowl Recipe. Home » Rice Bowls » Mayak Avocados – Perfect for Breakfast Rice Bowls. Place a few slices of the mayak avocados – as well as a fried egg – on top of bed of fresh rice. Doesn't get much better than that!
We put the word of "drug" on front of the food menu, when the food is SO ADDICTIVE. hahahahaha Got ya! This mayak eggs definitely rice thief! Your rice will be gone!! …. You can have Mayak vegetable rice bowl using 25 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Mayak vegetable rice bowl Recipe – How to Make Yummy Mayak vegetable rice bowl
Ingredients of Mayak vegetable rice bowl Recipe
- It’s of Sushi rice.
- You need 1.5 cups of sushi rice (japanese short grain).
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 of table spoons rice vinegar.
- You need 1 table spoon of sugar.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Mayak egg.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of scallion.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of standard soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 table spoon of chili flakes (korean work best).
- It’s 1/4 cup of thin sliced onion.
- It’s 2.5 of table spoons sugar.
- It’s of Toppings.
- It’s of Julienned peeled carrot.
- You need of Thin sliced red onion.
- You need of Thin sliced avocado.
- You need of Thin sliced peeled cucumber.
- You need of Whatever else you want (sushi fish, tofu, shitake…).
- You need of Citrus sauce.
- It’s 1 table spoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 table spoon of soy sauce (kikkoman).
- Prepare 1/2 table spoon of mirin.
Mayak means narcotic drugs, so the name comes from this gimbap's reputation for being addictive. While the rice is still hot, add the sesame oil and salt. Mix well by lightly folding with a rice paddle or spoon until evenly seasoned. Finely grind the sesame seeds in a spice grinder or mortar bowl.
Mayak vegetable rice bowl step by step
- RICE: Prepare rice per factory instructions (washing beforehand until water runs clear).
- When the rice is done, add rice vinegar, salt, and sugar, then fluff up the rice for at least 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate rice until chilled.
- MAYAK EGG: In a small pot, lightly sauté garlic, chili flakes, onions, and scallions in sesame oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and sugar, then bring to a simmer on medium heat for 5 more minutes, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a seperare pot, boil eggs for 6 minutes, then immediately peel under lukewarm running water and place in small jar.
- Cover the eggs with the soy marinade, then wash out the sauce cooking pot with 1/4th cup water and add enough to the jar to cover the eggs..
- Marinate: 1 day for runny yolk. 2 days for semi runny yolk. 3 days for molten yolk. 4 days for solid yolk..
- CITRUS SAUCE: In a small bowl, mix the soy, mirin, and lemon juice..
- FINAL ASSEMBLY: lay down a bed of chilled rice, then top with the vegetables, egg, sauce, and any other desired toppings and enjoy!.
Mini Kimbap is also called Mayak Kimbap or Drug Kimbap. This delicious Korean street food is so addicting, it was nicknamed Drug Kimbap. Mayak means "drugs" which refers to the fact that this kimbap is soooo good it's addicting like opium or cocaine. Hmm. it is very good…not sure if it's THAT. See more ideas about Rice, Rice bowls, Recipes.