Jaalar Appam || Net pancakes || Malaysian net crepes || Roti Jaala Recipe. (Roti jala means "net bread" and this looks like a lace. This is purely a Malaysian delicacy but popular in Singapore and some South East Asian countries too. But Malysian Homestyle Chicken Curry for which I have uploaded the video recipe earlier is the best combination for this net crepe, I would say.
This jalar appam is very tasty, softy and healthy roti recipe. We can serve in parties, festivals, snack box and guests. Since Jaalar appam is very soft and suitable for all age group peoples. You can cook Jaalar Appam || Net pancakes || Malaysian net crepes || Roti Jaala using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it. The Best Jaalar Appam || Net pancakes || Malaysian net crepes || Roti Jaala Recipe – Easiest Way to Make Perfect Jaalar Appam || Net pancakes || Malaysian net crepes || Roti Jaala
Ingredients of Jaalar Appam || Net pancakes || Malaysian net crepes || Roti Jaala Recipe
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Ghee.
These tender and delicate Roti Jala (Malaysian Net Crepes) are a must try with chicken or beef curry. Easy to prepare using only a few ingredients. Roti jala /net crepes/lace pancakes is a very popular Malaysian tea time snack which looks very similar to Malabar neer dosa (using rice flour). This crepe is served along with chicken curry or mutton or beef curry.
Jaalar Appam || Net pancakes || Malaysian net crepes || Roti Jaala instructions
- Add Onion and fennel seeds in a mixer grind it along with little amount of water and strain the onion juice..
- In another mixer add all purpose flour, onion juice, coconut milk, water, egg, salt, turmeric powder.Grind it to a smooth batter without lumps.
- Now transfer the batter into the crepe dispenser with 5nozzles,start pour or design according to your wish in a pan and apply some ghee on it..
This crepe looks like a lace and so it is named s. Malaysian Roti Jala or Net Pancakes. Roti in Malay means bread but in this term it refers to pancake. This roti jala is a famous Malaysian snack and is often eaten for breakfast or tea. It's commonly served with chicken curry, which if you haven't seen it already.